Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Northampton

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
"If you've just joined us.....we're talking about instantly recognisable logos from the music industry" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
how did they play? I didnt go to the game

I said seemed Lynch did well as that is what commentators said. I don't usually care about JPT but when i heard line up i did cos i wanted team to perform well to see Loft and Lynch play Sat. Sounds like a promising performance, hopefully get some views once some people get back from the game...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fine.. in which case you know NO memeber of staff of a club should come out by saying a player is the worst you have seen in X number of years for the club. Fine to say Loft and Jake won't make it in the team but no need to get nasty with your comments.

I must offer my apologies to him if he reads this board . which he probably doesnt, but I have a view and do tend to get carried away with it as BHA has been a big part of my life for a very long time and all i want is the best for them and the best players that they can get. A lot of the comments are a bit tongue in cheek playing to the crowd because I have said in the past that i didnt think that he was good enough and have probably played up to it because it is expected. So much so that the people who sit near me at Withdean all gee me up if it looks like he is coming on, with comments like its your mate and idol coming on. As i have said I do probably play up to it and I know I shouldnt.

I would honestly love him to prove me wrong and become our midfield inspiration.

So if he or anybody related or know him reads this please accept my unreserved apologies and if he has been embarrassed by my comments please convey my apologies to him..

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I must offer my apologies to him if he reads this board . which he probably doesnt, but I have a view and do tend to get carried away with it as BHA has been a big part of my life for a very long time and all i want is the best for them and the best players that they can get. A lot of the comments are a bit tongue in cheek playing to the crowd because I have said in the past that i didnt think that he was good enough and have probably played up to it because it is expected. So much so that the people who sit near me at Withdean all gee me up if it looks like he is coming on, with comments like its your mate and idol coming on. As i have said I do probably play up to it and I know I shouldnt.

I would honestly love him to prove me wrong and become our midfield inspiration.

So if he or anybody related or know him reads this please accept my unreserved apologies and if he has been embarrassed by my comments please convey my apologies to him..

You can,t say fairer than that..........well done.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
So in the next round we could either get Orient, Colchester or Dagenham. Wouldnt mind getting any of them away, especially Dagenham. Actually just remembered the teams that got byes will be in the next round so im not sure!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

:thumbsup::clap:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Good on you mate... I retract my former comments... let's all hope he does prove you wrong eh? :clap::clap:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
We now have something we haven't had for years: COMPETITION FOR PLACES which can only serve to keep everyone on their toes. :clap2:

Let's hope MA can keep everyone reasonably happy.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
My twopence worth.
Kuipers usual exceelent shot stoppingand taking crosses but distribution was slow and not very accurate
Whing, solid and improved distribution
Richards, another Man of the match performance along with Hawkins, just seems to time his tackles so well and was unlucky not to score.
Lynch, solid return, will be difficult to leave him out after this performance.
Hawkins, must be the signing of the season, won everything in the air, kept Constantine very quiet and passed the ball accurately.
Cox, better as the game went on but crossing was woeful and seems to want to check back all the time rather than taking the full back on.
Livermore, accomplished no nonsence performance, strong in the tackle.
Loft, poor first half but grew in sture and made a couple of cheeky flick ons which nearly led to goals.
Forster, worked hard, tripped over the ball twice, keen to shoot, a good performance.
Murray, tireless, worked extremely hard, got knees in the back from their centre back, won a lot in the air and was unlucky not to score, wonder save from their keeper.
McLeod, strong, good crosses and a wicked goal, went like a double boomerang, keeper had no chance

Last edited:

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread, so no idea if anyone has already been through this. I was at the game last night... Lynch started shakily but got steadily better and better. He had a tendancy to hoof it early on, but as the game went on he got the ball down and played it like we know he can. Should definitely start on saturday. I would play him alongside Hawkins, purely as I think otherwise we will be lacking experience.

Loft seems to struggle physically. A couple of times in the first half he was knocked off the ball, and when put under pressure he had a tendancy to give the ball away. However in the second half, when we were playing counter attacking football, and he had a bit more time and space, he played much better. He certainly has a bit of ability, but I'm not sure he's strong enough to play in the centre. I wonder if he may be better on the wing?

Livermore I thought had a decent enough game. Had a bit of a shaky start, but grew in confidence and stature throughout the match. I would start him alongside Thompson on saturday, with Loft and McLeod on the wings (maybe McLeod on the left and Loft on the right).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here