Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Carlisle

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I would just make this observation about our fans.

From the offset of the game today, about 5 or 6 of us were posting on here, hopefully, in our own way, giving a bit of support to the team.

We go a goal down and the numbers on here increase. We go two goals down and NSC lights up with people, many it would appear with the sole intention of having a go at the manager and/or the team.

Quite agree. None of us like to see us losing, but the level of negativity on here is too high, and there are too many supporters on here whose sole aim seems to be to have a go at the team/manager/chairman. They are probably the same so called fans booing the team at home at the first sign that we are not playing well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Some of the knee jerk reactions on here are unbelievable. The expectation of some of our supporters is far too high at the moment.

We would all like us to be winning every week and playing better football, but last time Adams came in it took him a season to sort it out and we should be prepared to give him until at least this time next season before we judge.

Last season although we finished 7th, we were on lots of occasions not very good and quite a few results could have gone the other way and mid table would perhaps been a fairer indication of our performances.

I am prepared to give Adams more time, but I guess the majority on here won't be as supportive.

I'm in complete agreement with you. Some of the anti-Adams (& DK) stuff I've just read is absolutely f***ing laughable. It was a shite result, but it's not the end of the sodding world. Jeez, get a grip!! :nono:

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Clearly the Stadium makes ALL things possible, but the range of possibilities is vast - Hull / Stoke / Reading on one end and Leicester / Southampton on the other.

A shiny new stadium guarantees only one outcome. We have to persuade 15,000 to buy a ticket every week or we're f***ed.

Now that is the biggest job of all. Better off giving the club suggestions on where to find 10,000 "new" fans prepared to part with 30 quid a game.

Supporting Brighton is always a labour of love.......never going to be easy. That goes for players, games, owners, grounds and fans.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
May I, it is saturday night after all and you all need it.

[yt]vbLl2C3ChYY[/yt]

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Im sticking with Adams. He deserves some more respect. So who the Fu*k do you want to come in place of Adams, got any solutions? Lets here them.

Ok we lost, but we aint in the relegation zone are we? Please remember we dont have the money like some other clubs do we, so be realistic.

Ian Holloway or Boothroyd

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Which ever way you look at it we will struggle all the way until Falmer finally comes to fruition

That won't sort things out though will it? With a reccession and needing 14k every week.We could easily be another Darlington.I cannot see Falmer being our saving grace like some think.What we need is a cash injection in the team.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Why? Why would they come here and why would they be better? Spend the money in the Jan window vs. paying off Adams contract. I sat next to Boothroyd on a flight back from Dubai about 6 months ago. Seemed like a decent and level headed bloke, but he left after a horrible string of results and Holloway was manager of a relegated Leicester team. Is this a call for change for change sake?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Thats the problem. Why is he the worst manager in a few years? Based on what standard? Performances, man management, ability to get loan players in, league position, tactics? I am sure he isn't Fabio Capello or Alex Ferguson, but could they do any better with the money and circumstances. Lots be honest, Coppell was the best manager we've had for decades but we went down and McGhee was arguably a close second. Surely we can agree that it'll take a real change of circumstances financially to make any permanent difference.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
I'm not anti-Adams - just judging him on results...and they don't make pretty reading. As paying customers all of us are entitled to an opinion and if we don't like the product - then it is our right to say so. I don't really care who manages BHA -all I want is a winning team. I haven't got the patience for ' a period of rebuilding ' - I want us in the play-offs this season and if the manager doesn't come up to my expectations - then he is going to get flak, whoever he is.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If the recession is still on by the time Falmer is built, we will be in a thirties-style DEPRESSION !

You reckon we will be out of it in 3 years time :lol: Wishfull thinking my friend.Next year it will really bite.It will certainly take a good few years to recover.Way past Falmer.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Horney - If you've followed the Albion since 1976, you will know that we are a boom and bust (mostly bust) organization. I would hope you'll come to never expect anything from this club. If you keep your expectations low, then you'll get regularly surprised on the upside. We are what we are and opinions are lovely, cheap and won't change results. Money talks.....and when paired with a winning mentality, good decisions and a pinch of luck, you become Hull FC for a couple of years.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
I'm no economist, but "if" the US is still the driver of the global economy, then this is going to be SUPER UGLY,. The only other outcome is for the Dems are to print, baby, print.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here