Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Carlisle

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Oh do shut up.

WILKINS WASN'T SACKED FOR HIS LEAGUE POSITION.

No it's not been a brilliant start to the season, but I can see potential and am willing to carry on SUPPORTING the team for a good while yet. I don't expect promotion this year but think Micky is going to be able to get us into the playoffs next year. But oh silly me, we've lost away to Carlisle so I must give up on the manager/team get all moody and abusive - that'll help. :shootself:

No one has given up on the manager because of this one particular result/performance alone. But this season - with the exception of no more than 3 or 4 games - has been an utter, utter shambles.

As for Wilkins not bein sacked for finishing seventh: If he was sacked for non-footballing reasons then why was he then offered a place on the coaching staff?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Some of the knee jerk reactions on here are unbelievable. The expectation of some of our supporters is far too high at the moment.

We would all like us to be winning every week and playing better football, but last time Adams came in it took him a season to sort it out and we should be prepared to give him until at least this time next season before we judge.

Last season although we finished 7th, we were on lots of occasions not very good and quite a few results could have gone the other way and mid table would perhaps been a fairer indication of our performances.

I am prepared to give Adams more time, but I guess the majority on here won't be as supportive.

I completely agree.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am prepared to give Adams more time, but I guess the majority on here won't be as supportive.

Not as though we have a choice is it? I really hope Adams can turn it around but I'm not apologising to any of his fervent fans on this thread for thinking that he's been somewhat clueless most of this season and for thinking he's taking us backwards. Kneejerk? I've been pissed off with him since the Orient game and frankly I'm amazed at the blind faith still being shown in him by some. At what stage will you start to question his current ability to be a succesfull manager?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Some of the knee jerk reactions on here are unbelievable. The expectation of some of our supporters is far too high at the moment.

We would all like us to be winning every week and playing better football, but last time Adams came in it took him a season to sort it out and we should be prepared to give him until at least this time next season before we judge.

Last season although we finished 7th, we were on lots of occasions not very good and quite a few results could have gone the other way and mid table would perhaps been a fairer indication of our performances.

I will also be supporting him.........not a lot of choice really who else would come here

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If fans have high expectations it because DICK KNIGHT sacked a manager who took us to SEVENTH in this league.

He promised progress.

I think had that not happened most people would be quite happy to be a bit more patient with things.

Knight has made his bed...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Wilkins was doing a good job, no one can argue with that. 7th on the budget he had last season was more than enough to keep his job. he was sacked for no football reasons, which in short were that Knight didn't trust him in the same way he does Mickey Adams. Ultimately Knight will have to stand behind that decision by giving Mickey some money to spend in January. If he doesn't then we have a very real problem.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Im sticking with Adams. He deserves some more respect. So who the Fu*k do you want to come in place of Adams, got any solutions? Lets here them.

Ok we lost, but we aint in the relegation zone are we? Please remember we dont have the money like some other clubs do we, so be realistic.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

AAAARGGGH. This argument has been done to death. The reason - and I'll say this loudly for the hard of thinking - THAT ADAMS TOOK A WHILE TO SORT THINGS OUT LAST TIME WAS BECAUSE IT WAS A SHAMBLES WHEN HE FIRST TOOK OVER. Last season we came seventh - hardly a shambles...

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
If fans have high expectations it because DICK KNIGHT sacked a manager who took us to SEVENTH in this league.

He promised progress.

I think had that not happened most people would be quite happy to be a bit more patient with things.

Knight has made his bed...

100% correct. From now on I will direct all the idiotic morons on this thread directly to this post. Thank you.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I would just make this observation about our fans.

From the offset of the game today, about 5 or 6 of us were posting on here, hopefully, in our own way, giving a bit of support to the team.

We go a goal down and the numbers on here increase. We go two goals down and NSC lights up with people, many it would appear with the sole intention of having a go at the manager and/or the team.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
AAAARGGGH. This argument has been done to death. The reason - and I'll say this loudly for the hard of thinking - THAT ADAMS TOOK A WHILE TO SORT THINGS OUT LAST TIME WAS BECAUSE IT WAS A SHAMBLES WHEN HE FIRST TOOK OVER. Last season we came seventh - hardly a shambles...

Yes we know! But the team last year wasn't good enough, yes we were 7th but it didn't reflect the team or many of the performences, if we were to get into the play-offs with last years team we wouldn't compete, let alone if we were to go to the Championship. So this season Adams has inheritted a team that is half way there, it still needs a lot of work and quite a few new players. And that's why you need to give Adams time.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I expect us not to be SHIT.

Is that too much to ask for?

You're enititled to expect what you want, but I still think that given time Adams will sort it out.

For the record I was surprised and disappointed when Wilkins was sacked, but it has happened, we can't change that, so perhaps we should support the Manager we have.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
No one has given up on the manager because of this one particular result/performance alone. But this season - with the exception of no more than 3 or 4 games - has been an utter, utter shambles.

As for Wilkins not bein sacked for finishing seventh: If he was sacked for non-footballing reasons then why was he then offered a place on the coaching staff?

No it's not been great this season everyone admits that. But we're not all crowing on about how we should get rid of the manager etc. I personally want to give him at least a season to get his settled team and make a promotion challenge next year. Guess some people just don't have ANY patience.

Do we really have to go into the reasons Wilkins was sacked AGAIN?!

"Dean Wilkins would have been sacked even if we were promoted last year" - Dick Knight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here