Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Bristol Rovers

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
What a shit performance. They won so much more in the air, although the ref didn't seem to notice there constant shirt tugging . Even Forster was static up front. Cox looked was f***ing shocking. Lucky to get a point.

What a save from Michel though :bowdown:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
One thing people bitched about constantly last year, were negative substitutions. Todays substitutions were shocking. Theirs were so much better thought out.

couldnt agree more

it was obvious we were simply going to cling on for a point with a midfield of fraser-livermore-thomson-richards. if we had dominated the second half then maybe there might have been a slight case to go for that line up, but rovers had BATTERED us and it was only a matter of time before they scored. quite how we were meant to get anything other than a point out of it once the inevitable did happen with a midfield featuring an entire defensive mind i dont know

also, where the HELL was fraser just before the penalty. there left sided player had god knows how much time due to the absence of our right winger to put the ball into the box unchallenged

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
On the positive side, Ernest looked rather fetching in the new yellow away kit
103.png

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can anyone actually tell me what their penalty was given for though? I was in C block in line with the 18 yard area and couldn't see for the life of me why it was given. Even the Rovers players hadn't appealed for anything
:shrug:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Can anyone actually tell me what their penalty was given for though? I was in C block in line with the 18 yard area and couldn't see for the life of me why it was given. Even the Rovers players hadn't appealed for anything

shirt pull i believe - seemed very soft, but no more than they deserved

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

According to SCR commentary shirt tugging for both penalties and both equally soft?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Their penalty was definitely justified. I've no idea who it was, but someone had a handful of green shirt and their guy went down. Totally avoidable, as we must have had 4v1 in our favour.

hawkins i believe

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
who ever gave away the penalty should be fined a weeks wages. The ref was always going to look for things like that although of the 23 on the pitch he had the worst game.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
very poor. No spark in midfield . Richards LB at LW, Lynch CB at LB , Fraser CM at RW, Virgo CB up front, Livermore CM at LB.

Better squad needed for when we have injuries or suspensions or glaringly obvious another mid table finish beckons.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Richards looked out of sorts on the left wing. Hart was a yard or two of the pace and it showed. There were times when he should have been first to the ball and he just didn't move!
We had no height upfront (until right at the very end) and so our wide play was pointless.
We also wasted a lot of possession by playing long ball all afternoon long. Some of the distribution from the back was awful.
We were missing key players, and it showed. I hope MA realises we don't have the strength in depth to cope to well this season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Shocking performance, if that had happened last season this board would be full of people saying Wilkins doesn't know what he's doing.
Few things
To any people that think Murray is no good, lazy or other such things without him we are nothing.
How the hell did Hawkins get MOM basically got owned by Lambert, gave away the penalty and is seemingly incapable of passing the ball to our team, it either goes out or to the oppo. Should have gone to Kuipers if nothing else but for the save
First semi good team we have played and to say disappointing is an understatement. Hopefully just a one off and when Murray is back things will be alot better

ih8palarse

Jul 30, 2008
very poor. No spark in midfield . Richards LB at LW, Lynch CB at LB , Fraser CM at RW, Virgo CB up front, Livermore CM at LB.

Better squad needed for when we have injuries or suspensions or glaringly obvious another mid table finish beckons.

how can lynch and livermore be LB???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here