Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v York City

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Did anybody go to the re-arranged York match-think it was played on a Tuesday at 11 O'clock in the morning or something-

D

Deleted User X18H

Yep they won to save them from relagation. I wonder what would happen nowadays. When Leeds fans invaded the pitch during their last home game in 2007 the ref said he would keep the teams in the dressing room until midnight if he had to in order to finish the game.

Feb 14, 2010
Yep they won to save them from relagation. I wonder what would happen nowadays. When Leeds fans invaded the pitch during their last home game in 2007 the ref said he would keep the teams in the dressing room until midnight if he had to in order to finish the game.

Yes but the Leeds fans didn't go home with the goal posts

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

I don't think Euro 96 was featuring in the thoughts of many people that day. In fact, I know it wasn't.

Nor was it about "hoping for some publicity". It was sheer desperation and a wish to say NO - at what was, possibly, the last Albion match to be played at the Goldstone - or, in the worst case scenario, anywhere.

Feb 14, 2010
Yes Lord B it had been brewing, and everyone knew something was going to happen, well except the FA who seem to have been taken by surprise. It made live coverage on grandstand, front page in the sunday newspapers and the first story on the national news news. Might not have looked for publicity but that is what it got

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
WENT ON FROM THE SOUTHWEST JUST BEHIND THE LITTLEHAMPTON BOYS,THREW MY ALBION SHIRT INTO THE YORK CITY,RECALL ALOT OF FANS NOT HAPPY AT THE TIME BUT ALL THINK IT WAS BRILLIANT NOW!:moo:

you, me and DF were some of the first few on the pitch, i was relieved when hundreds of others joined us . Do you recall the Fulham fans at Baker street prior to a euro 96 game telling us to keep on protesting and invading the pitch if necessary ?

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Its "the war years" that makes the story of the new ground that bit special.

Shut up you prick.You really are a tedious arse.The nearest you have ever been to 'direct action' is wiping your own nose.Every post you try with your left wing credentials.I think you protest too much,probably went to private school and works for Daddy.:lol:

Feb 14, 2010
Shut up you prick.You really are a tedious arse.The nearest you have ever been to 'direct action' is wiping your own nose.Every post you try with your left wing credentials.I think you protest too much,probably went to private school and works for Daddy.:lol:

Is this a nigel on this thread, this should be good..not left or right wing, grandads docked newhaven and also labourers.. i work in the city tho and laughed at your spotty 300 teenagers.. cant imagine why you are called nigels. Now just watch the footage of the york city game and compare. Oh may as well throw in our charity shield. Being serious for a second, young nigel take a tip, its only football and only a laugh

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I don't think Euro 96 was featuring in the thoughts of many people that day. In fact, I know it wasn't.

Nor was it about "hoping for some publicity". It was sheer desperation and a wish to say NO - at what was, possibly, the last Albion match to be played at the Goldstone - or, in the worst case scenario, anywhere.

Lets agree to disagree - as i remember things, we were hoping to get some publicity,and if that involved getting a game abandoned and being on the 10 O'clock news that evening then all the better, but it was more to get the attention of the powers that be,namely the FA than anything else.They were desperate times though when looking back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here