Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton V Blackpool weekend.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Statistically you're probably far more likely to get twatted in West Street than Kemp Town.

Or were you suggesting something else might happen to them... :facepalm:

part 2 - not swayed 1 way or another but would genuinely feel safer in west street

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
Thanks for all the advice lads.
Unfortunately the statistics of Blackpool is far far worse than most places in Britain, but we'll stay vigilant.
Got nothing against gays, but will be checking out the local talent for sure (hope my mrs isn't reading this site lol)
Glad you enjoyed the Newcastle away game. That was the best away game ever, even though we lost 4-1.

Any good pool players in Brighton fancy a challenge, give us a shout. I'll post on here again nearer our visit.
Best wishes fellow seaside folk!

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
"How pissed off are you that you went down?

Hilarious after the start you had..... "

Glad our misfortune made you laugh. TBH I took it bad, but had the best season of my life following my home town team I love so much play against the best teams in the world every week. Most people love Blackpool we found except jelous people.
We played gung ho, entertaining stuff every week and got world famous.
The New York Times reported our games weekly and In China, we are a household name known as 'The little orange fighting machine' even though we play in tangerine as you know.

See you in 7 weeks!!!

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
Brighton's quite safe mate, never had a problem.

Thanks mate, I'm sure Brighton is one of our safest cities, although like every British town, it has its characters to avoid.

Stayed in Glasgow, Salford, Hull, Edinburgh, Middlesbrough, Leicester and Chester over the last few months. Seen the odd bit of trouble, but like everything. Treat people the way you like to be treated and you'll be fine. And being massive helps too :)

May I add by saying me and the two mates I'm going down with are very friendly, happy-go-lucky lads and the last thing on our mind is trouble, or falling out. Everyone we meet will be treated like new mates and we'll be fine I'm sure.
Only ever been to Brighton once, but stayed at Eastbourne a week working 20 years ago. Had a good time.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why? I've walked back from Concorde on my own, completely off my face on many occasions.

There seems to be a lot of shameful, insipid homophobia on this thread.

i too have been-so much easier that way-i am talking normal not half cut or anything else-due to the associated problems that arise i find the town centre a much safer place that side of town-in fact many moons ago i went to an world aids day night at the paradox-banging music-and know of several gay people 1 very close friend-

wakokid

Jun 10, 2011
Lancing
Thanks mate, I'm sure Brighton is one of our safest cities, although like every British town, it has its characters to avoid.

Stayed in Glasgow, Salford, Hull, Edinburgh, Middlesbrough, Leicester and Chester over the last few months. Seen the odd bit of trouble, but like everything. Treat people the way you like to be treated and you'll be fine. And being massive helps too :)

May I add by saying me and the two mates I'm going down with are very friendly, happy-go-lucky lads and the last thing on our mind is trouble, or falling out. Everyone we meet will be treated like new mates and we'll be fine I'm sure.
Only ever been to Brighton once, but stayed at Eastbourne a week working 20 years ago. Had a good time.

Yeah i think you've hit the nail on the head. If you get on with people then you'll be fine where ever you go! thanks for the nice comments about our club by the way. To be honest i was a bit gutted to see Blackpool go down, you were a breath of fresh air in the Prem.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yeah i think you've hit the nail on the head. If you get on with people then you'll be fine where ever you go! thanks for the nice comments about our club by the way. To be honest i was a bit gutted to see Blackpool go down, you were a breath of fresh air in the Prem.

until they take the piss-but in the main yes

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
Won't be taking the piss, or patronising.
Maybe a bit of banter, but nothing more, we're no better than Brighton.

Although you'll all know yourselves, message boards like this are full of spotty mouthy welks, hiding behind keyboards posting abuse. We have more than our fair share.
As I've added my picture and filled in the details including my company (Fylde Landscapes) you'll have sussed me out as a genuine football fan that follows my home town and just wanted some advice about your city as we're staying 2 nights.

Some great replies thanks, it seems you're a decent lot and I'm really looking forward to my weekend in your city. Will be working hard to pay for as many away trips as possible as usual.

Bri...

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seems that some Blackpool don't like the look of our stadium much

avftt Message Board | Brightons new ground!!!

Then again, one guy on there says Reading's is the best of the 'new' grounds he's been too.

I've been to the Madjeski and thought it looked like a warehouse from the outside.

Opinions... opinions.

Will be interesting to see other fans' views AFTER they've been to the Amex.

Its also sunk into a waste landfill site, so technically their ground is proper shite !!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Have a good visit Blackpool-the Southdowns National Park is close by-try to do Devils Dyke,good views and a pub-oh and Brighton even Kemptown is ok,the Hospital is based there.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Havent gone throught the whole thread but am i reading this right?

Blackpool are criticising our new stadium and suggesting our fan base wont come close to filling it?

Is this the same blackpool that had empty seats at pretty much every home fixture in the premier league last season. And we are talking about the shithole that is Bloomfield Road aswell.

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool

Blackpool are criticising our new stadium and suggesting our fan base wont come close to filling it?

Is this the same blackpool that had empty seats at pretty much every home fixture in the premier league last season. And we are talking about the shithole that is Bloomfield Road aswell.

Poidy, you are even more drunk than me.
No one said those things.
As for empty seats. We had 14,000 home seats last season and 2200 away seats.
all 19 games were completely sold out to home fans, with the black market rife.
The away end was only sold out about 12 times with Birmingham only bringing 400.
Don't get nasty over the keyboard mate, you are ill informed.

Your ground is better than ours, your population is double ours. Calm down.
Look at our history to see we are not a crap club mate.

Look forward to the season and try to rid hatred from your soul :) Save it for Palace OK???

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

Read the whole thread, and no, you are not reading it right.

Just a note (to everyone not just poidy) while I am at it, we at North Stand Chat welcome all opposition supporters onto this board, especially decent sorts like Blackpoolmad.

Last edited:

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Just trying to think where you might find that pool table Bri, not too many in central btn now but as someone prev mentioned there are several pubs within 100 metres of station (Lord Nelson, Prince Albert, Battle of Traf, Evening Star) and 2 I think still have tables, Caxton Arms and Railway Bell. Prob your best area for a crawl.

Sounds like you've been stung on the accommodation ! so for a cheap but good meal with atmosphere recommend Pinnochios Italian near Royal Pav, 3 course less than £10 but book as very busy weekends. A few pubs next door where you can sit outside and savour Brightons atmosphere, Wagon and Horses etc. The Basketmakers pub also worth a visit, Gloucester Road.

Sure you'll be exploring btn and hove, plenty areas with atmosphere on Sat night (western Rd etc), a bit livelier still around West St / Seafront and a younger crowd.

Have a great weekend, thx for post & patience on here !

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Im sure you will have a great time at the uk's busiest seaside resort:drink:

Had many great lash ups in blackpool and looking to go again soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here