Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton V Blackpool weekend.

Jan 30, 2008
Why? I've walked back from Concorde on my own, completely off my face on many occasions.

There seems to be a lot of shameful, insipid homophobia on this thread.
yeah,bet you woke up the following morning with your jim jams back to front complaining of a sore arse !

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
A pool fan on that thread reckons Falmer looks like a "poor man's Reebok" brilliant!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
A pool fan on that thread reckons Falmer looks like a "poor man's Reebok" brilliant!

Yea, ease off brizzlegull, Blackpoolmad has already explained that there are as many gobby oiks on his board as there are on ours. That's the second punt you've had on this thread

Feb 14, 2010
Great club Blackpool, Stanley Mathews, great kit and a seaside city. Like Brighton the town has drug problems tho, it comes second to Brighton sleazy underbelly with Brighton being top of the drugs deaths table for the country and Blackpool coming second

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I have walked all over brighton between all hours of the morning, so off my face that if you were to blow at me i'd fall over. I've NEVER felt threatened or felt in danger. Brighton is one of the safest, laid back cities in the country. RELAX

Feb 14, 2010
yep I've lived and been out in most areas in London over the years. Never had a problem, but its naive to think that there are not problems. Same with Brighton, but Brighton has change since the bedsit town days. In the summer especially its even like an international city. But enough of Brighton.. Blackpool, I like this club, the kit, the history,a seaside town club. Will be an away game I will look to go to this year.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Read the whole thread, and no, you are not reading it right.

Just a note (to everyone not just poidy) while I am at it, we at North Stand Chat welcome all opposition supporters onto this board, especially decent sorts like Blackpoolmad.

THIS-i know i got a bit carried away back there-our Blackpool friend is most welcome..

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I have walked all over brighton between all hours of the morning, so off my face that if you were to blow at me i'd fall over. I've NEVER felt threatened or felt in danger. Brighton is one of the safest, laid back cities in the country. RELAX

Spot on.
In fact, if any bit of my walk home feels remotely threatening, it's when nobody is about. The center of town is safe, but act like you want to be punched and you probably will be, as with any city.

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
Some great tips there thanks fellow football fans. I mentioned pool because me and the lad in the Newcastle video on stage are top class league players :)
Thanks for saying we're welcome and if I meet any of you in Brighton, you can have a beer with us.

A lot of Blackpool fans were moaning about the hotel prices, but I can understand as the hotels here are half the price in general. We have 4 Travelodges in town now, all from £19 aa room including family rooms.
Back street B&B's from £12 a night and I'm not exagerating! If you're coming up to Britains number 1 resort :) let me know and you'll get all the advise you need, be it groups of lads, families or couples. Blackpool can be rough as **** and very dangerous. Statistically Britains 4th most violent place, but we attract all the working class from around Britain including Glasgow fortnight.

Finally, total respect to you Brighton fans that stuck by your team right through all those 15 years of hard times. The good times are here now for you and you deserve it.

Bri...

It ought to be a pleasant atmosphere for the Blackpool match - a kind of a sister-town to Brighton that it is, and many might want to make a weekend of it. These times should certainly see us have a welcome to visitors, at the match and in the City. Hopefully a bit of decent weather will happen, to help that experience.

People here are odd though - we have the gay repute nationwide and yet there are suggestions that you can't go near Kemp Town without getting bummed! Maybe those chaps are the ones who get sorely tempted to do a bit of cottaging when in certain precincts.
Most of Brighton is safe, St James Street included. West Street....perhaps not so great after 10 on a weekend night, but policed. The beachfront area is nice enough for a beer by the sea and sa.... stones.

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Some great tips there thanks fellow football fans. I mentioned pool because me and the lad in the Newcastle video on stage are top class league players :)
Thanks for saying we're welcome and if I meet any of you in Brighton, you can have a beer with us.

A lot of Blackpool fans were moaning about the hotel prices, but I can understand as the hotels here are half the price in general. We have 4 Travelodges in town now, all from £19 aa room including family rooms.
Back street B&B's from £12 a night and I'm not exagerating! If you're coming up to Britains number 1 resort :) let me know and you'll get all the advise you need, be it groups of lads, families or couples. Blackpool can be rough as **** and very dangerous. Statistically Britains 4th most violent place, but we attract all the working class from around Britain including Glasgow fortnight.

Finally, total respect to you Brighton fans that stuck by your team right through all those 15 years of hard times. The good times are here now for you and you deserve it.

Bri...

Will take you up on that regarding advice for Blackpool. You'll have to stick around, as nearer the time me and a few mates will be looking at booking a weekend up there for our match at Bloomfield Road.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
people seem to have got up themselves since my earlier post. All I was trying to do was give our friends from Blackpool the sort of advice I would welcome. Just because some of you have walked home from XXXX and not got mugged doesn't mean Brighton is a safe place at night, you know the area and where to go and where not to go.

Read the Argus and you will see reports of violence in central Brighton - not a lot but some, often caused by or to visitors.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Yea, ease off brizzlegull, Blackpoolmad has already explained that there are as many gobby oiks on his board as there are on ours. That's the second punt you've had on this thread

what? who the hell are you to tell me what I can say and think? give it rest.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Always remember having a laugh with a group of Blackpool Lads in the Hove Park tavern before a game in the early 90s.Great bunch they were.

Bri...
recall going to blackpool after oldham away and all the jocks were in town! another good night!:moo:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
friendly to a point but not always friendly to wayward and lost visitors after midnight. Stick to the main areas and keep with your mates. Also at night don't take short cuts and stick to the main roads, seafront (keep to the road rather than the beach). West Street is full of police on a sat night but there are always a few who despite this are willing to have a go. Kemp Town can be very "friendly" but it's a hot bed for muggings, gay bashing, you name it. AVOID DUKES MOUND. If i were you i would stick to the area between your hotel and the Palace Pier (now disrepectfully called the Brighton Pier), and avoid the big wetherspoons type pubs in West Street. Someone mentioned the Lord Nelson and Battle of Trafalgar - they're very good but not quite the same as the one you were in in Newcastle! Oh, and don't expect to see trams, donkeys, sand or fat landladies. Have a good time.

What are you talking about??

I've never had so much as a threatening look in Brighton in all my life.

How is Kemp Town a hotbed for muggings and gay bashing?? If you tried to start kicking off against the gays here you'd end up far worse off

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What are you talking about??

read my post again

I've never had so much as a threatening look in Brighton in all my life.

so?

How is Kemp Town a hotbed for muggings and gay bashing?? If you tried to start kicking off against the gays here you'd end up far worse off

read the papers - St James Street and surrounding areas

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
read the papers - St James Street and surrounding areas

I do read the papers. Street crime in our city is practically non-existent. It would be naive to say nobody ever gets into trouble but as I said, in all my life I've never seen or heard any trouble here, other than the odd ding dong on West Street between the pissed up out of townies.

Your post makes it sound like Reading or somewhere nasty when it really isn't at all. In fact I'd wager there isn't a statistically safer town/city with similar population in the whole of the UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here