Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton V Blackpool weekend.

Feb 14, 2010
I think there are some blue tinted glasses here. Brighton tops the drugs deaths table year in year out. For that alone a mate has moved out. It has a problem with a certain bloke that I wont even mention and west street is a disaster zone from thursday to sat every week. But the balance is that its trendy, which the ports and towns along from brighton just are not.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
people seem to have got up themselves since my earlier post. All I was trying to do was give our friends from Blackpool the sort of advice I would welcome. Just because some of you have walked home from XXXX and not got mugged doesn't mean Brighton is a safe place at night, you know the area and where to go and where not to go.

Read the Argus and you will see reports of violence in central Brighton - not a lot but some, often caused by or to visitors.
nope, there really isn't a road within a mile of Brighton station that I wouldn't feel safe walking down at night... And I'm a wimp.

In contrast in nottingham I WASN'T safe walking back from lectures on my own through one of the nicer areas at 5pm.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
nope, there really isn't a road within a mile of Brighton station that I wouldn't feel safe walking down at night.

Agree-but things will get lively again from next season-some youngsters may just be in for a bit of a shock this year(having never known town centre football related disorder)when they go out on a Friday/Saturday.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Agree-but things will get lively again from next season-some youngsters may just be in for a bit of a shock this year(having never known town centre football related disorder)when they go out on a Friday/Saturday.
I'll be interested to see what happens on that front; I'm just about old enough to remember a few rucks with Pompey in the early 90s. Don't think there will be much trouble to be honest, as most ticket holders will be season ticket holders at their own clubs. Though I guess there will be people who come for a fight who aren't actually anything to do with the footy.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'll be interested to see what happens on that front; I'm just about old enough to remember a few rucks with Pompey in the early 90s. Don't think there will be much trouble to be honest, as most ticket holders will be season ticket holders at their own clubs. Though I guess there will be people who come for a fight who aren't actually anything to do with the footy.

Think things have calmed down and so much more cctv and club to pub etc networking to help each other pin point trouble makers-that said the potential is 3 times higher for away fans to a)take liberties b)annoy and factor c)Brighton fans from out of town coming only for 1 thing.

Wolves and especially Leeds running battles along the seafront(Edit-Evenings at weekends) were the worst i have seen in town but Westham caused many problems down east street one year-

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
i may just add that with 20,000 plus regular gates next season,as the fans get used to going in numbers again,i predict you will find our Brighton based Palace support will be less inclined to show there colours in town and be so cocky about it,there will still be the odd fool that will,more fool them-i am not condoning anything just stating facts that there are people who will look for it given an opportunity.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
i may just add that with 20,000 plus regular gates next season,as the fans get used to going in numbers again,i predict you will find our Brighton based Palace support will be less inclined to show there colours in town and be so cocky about it,there will still be the odd fool that will,more fool them-i am not condoning anything just stating facts that there are people who will look for it given an opportunity.
To be fair, I've only seen about three in ten years and they were probably down here for the day.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
To be fair, I've only seen about three in ten years and they were probably down here for the day.

I have seen about the same but i did once know a Brighton born and bred Palace fan,vary rare and to be fair(christ i'm a poet & i don't know it)he did go to the Goldstone sometimes to watch Brighton.

Edit:yes have been to Selhurst -but only to watch Brighton

Jan 30, 2008
one of their main lads lives in the city and has just been released from jail after the S/S incident , think there's a Palace "face" in Worthing and Newhaven as well,

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here