Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton V Blackpool weekend.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well you'll be made welcome again back at Blackpool.
Some great pubs here catered for everyone.

Our ground held us back for 20 years and our chairman is the tightest man on earth.
Pure luck got us promoted, because the chairman spent very little, in fact even now with £97million to spend, he won't pay more than £10k wages, so we can't attract anyonew decent.

Our ground is small with an extra 1000 seats going in, it will hold 17,300, but with nearly 10,000 season tickets sold, it should be full in the home end every week. You'll get 4800 if you need them with an initial allocation of 2400.

Very intimidating and noisy place up here, but you'll be made welcome I'm sure.

Disappoining thing is the extortionate prices of your hotels. A hell of a lot are fully booked now for that weekend, expect hundreds of Blackpool families in town for the match.

Nothing I enjoy more in life than a weekend away with best mates watching the Seasiders!!!

Brighton is seen more as a city break now so every hotel is full at the weekend throughout the year. They can get away with charging what they like.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Am trying my hardest to get a ticket to the first game at the Amex, but regardless, I'll definitely be getting a ticket to the Blackpool game at Home. Should be a brilliant match. Will have to see who the better Seasiders are! If Uni term dates permit, I might be going to Blackpool away hopefully as well.

Brighton's a great city, you'll have a thoroughly enjoyable weekend. However hotels and parking are generally always Brighton's weakest points, so book up early.

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
I'm sure Brighton is a great city.
I love architect and magnificent buildings, so will be having a good look round the place, take some pictures of the Kings Road etc...

At home, I love local history and have a great collection and knowledge of my town.
Brighton looks like it has some great history being the Kings playground, I can imagine the general tourists there will be different to the thousands of drunken sorts strolling up the Promenade that we get here every week.

Thanks Steve for birthday wishes.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton is seen more as a city break now so every hotel is full at the weekend throughout the year. They can get away with charging what they like.

and you'll be unlikely to find one for less than 2 nights minimum

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I'm sure Brighton is a great city.
I love architect and magnificent buildings, so will be having a good look round the place, take some pictures of the Kings Road etc...

At home, I love local history and have a great collection and knowledge of my town.
Brighton looks like it has some great history being the Kings playground, I can imagine the general tourists there will be different to the thousands of drunken sorts strolling up the Promenade that we get here every week.

Thanks Steve for birthday wishes.

If you're into architecture, be sure to check out the outside and inside of the Royal Pavilion

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Readings is probably the worst of all the new grounds.

Not as bad as MK Franchise, its only half built, now thats shit

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
If you're into architecture, be sure to check out the outside and inside of the Royal Pavilion

Will do Diego.

Bob, I already posted that we're booked in near the NCP on the front £198 for 2 nights, 3 of us.

Will be a great weekend what ever the result. Hear Brighton is a friendly place.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well you'll be made welcome again back at Blackpool.
Some great pubs here catered for everyone.

Our ground held us back for 20 years and our chairman is the tightest man on earth.
Pure luck got us promoted, because the chairman spent very little, in fact even now with £97million to spend, he won't pay more than £10k wages, so we can't attract anyonew decent.

Our ground is small with an extra 1000 seats going in, it will hold 17,300, but with nearly 10,000 season tickets sold, it should be full in the home end every week. You'll get 4800 if you need them with an initial allocation of 2400.

Very intimidating and noisy place up here, but you'll be made welcome I'm sure.

Disappoining thing is the extortionate prices of your hotels. A hell of a lot are fully booked now for that weekend, expect hundreds of Blackpool families in town for the match.

Nothing I enjoy more in life than a weekend away with best mates watching the Seasiders!!!

Perhaps he might save it for a new stadium,like ours

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Will be a great weekend what ever the result. Hear Brighton is a friendly place.

friendly to a point but not always friendly to wayward and lost visitors after midnight. Stick to the main areas and keep with your mates. Also at night don't take short cuts and stick to the main roads, seafront (keep to the road rather than the beach). West Street is full of police on a sat night but there are always a few who despite this are willing to have a go. Kemp Town can be very "friendly" but it's a hot bed for muggings, gay bashing, you name it. AVOID DUKES MOUND. If i were you i would stick to the area between your hotel and the Palace Pier (now disrepectfully called the Brighton Pier), and avoid the big wetherspoons type pubs in West Street. Someone mentioned the Lord Nelson and Battle of Trafalgar - they're very good but not quite the same as the one you were in in Newcastle! Oh, and don't expect to see trams, donkeys, sand or fat landladies. Have a good time.

Last edited:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Get yourself into the Wetherspoons in West Street, will be very busy, cost effective and you will get an eyefull of the local female "talent". Also it sounds fairly close to where you are staying as it sounds like you maybe in a hotel in Regency square. Word of warning if you are homophobic do not venture East of the Brighton pier!!!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Hiya folks and great to see your great club rising again.

Everyone on avftt.com is talking about this game with the new stadium.
Like yourselves, we've played in all 4 divisions, but we've done them all in just 8 years.

Some questions please.

How many will the visitors get at your stadium?
Why the empty spaces in the corners?
And most important, we're staying at a hotel on the sea front, so where are the best pubs for us to go? Three of us, lads mid 40s.

Last season, our fans won fans of the year in the Prem.
Friendliest, noisiest and sold out at most grounds with an average away support of nearly 3000.

Should sell out at yours and I can't wait to visit your city.

Best wishes for the season except against us of course.

Thanks in advance from Bri...

How pissed off are you that you went down?

Hilarious after the start you had.....

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hear Brighton is a friendly place.

shame you're not down this weekend - you could have watched the GLBT beach volleyball tournament on the Kemp Town beach whilst admiring the architecture.

(sorry GLBT - Gay, Lesbian, Bi Sexual and Trans Gender - you don't have to be all four (I've heard Glenn Murray is) and you would get bonus points. I expect there's a club for them somewhere in Kemp Town, and Murray's been outed...allegedly)

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
I am rather looking forward to Blackpool away next year never had the chance to go and its the week off the cheltenham festival. So will be doing Thursday and Friday at Cheltenham then catching a train up to Blackpool Friday night and take in the nightlife before the match Saturday.

Anyway enjoy your trip down here we are generally very friendly welcoming fans and look forward to welcoming you to our new home. P.S bet your having a good old laugh at Preston

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
friendly to a point but not always friendly to wayward and lost visitors after midnight. Stick to the main areas and keep with your mates. Also at night don't take short cuts and stick to the main roads, seafront (keep to the road rather than the beach). West Street is full of police on a sat night but there are always a few who despite this are willing to have a go. Kemp Town can be very "friendly" but it's a hot bed for muggings, gay bashing, you name it. AVOID DUKES MOUND. If i were you i would stick to the area between your hotel and the Palace Pier (now disrepectfully called the Brighton Pier), and avoid the big wetherspoons type pubs in West Street. Someone mentioned the Lord Nelson and Battle of Trafalgar - they're very good but not quite the same as the one you were in in Newcastle! Oh, and don't expect to see trams, donkeys, sand or fat landladies. Have a good time.

I've never heard such a load of guff. Brighton is very safe.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I've never heard such a load of guff. Brighton is very safe.

you say that,but i would not do kemptown after 2 in the morning

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Also check out the Evening Star near Brighton station for a proper pub with real ale.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
you say that,but i would not do kemptown after 2 in the morning

Statistically you're probably far more likely to get twatted in West Street than Kemp Town.

Or were you suggesting something else might happen to them... :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here