Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Chill, the Greens will control all of Brighton and Hove soon.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It doesn't seem to be that straightforward.

Anyway, why do binmen get paid so much. They only work once a week, don't they?

I agree with the second article. They are going to force many out of business. I, personally, know quite a few of them and they work tirelessly for not a huge reward. They make Brighton seafront.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
what and you're surprised? why do you think the tories have been so unelectable in Brighton for so many years?

I'm not surprised in the slightest. To move the goal posts like this for shopkeepers and bin men would be pretty low at the best of times...but to do it in the current economic climate is despicable.

Interesting to see how a piss pot organisation mirrors government,
the"Elite"f*** up with such incompetance it's untrue and the hard working man/woman in the street has to pay for it,
What ever party,blue labour,school tie tory or lib dumbs,it's the grafters that get f***ed all ends up,
Bout time these useless fuckwitts were hounded from office.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I agree with the second article. They are going to force many out of business. I, personally, know quite a few of them and they work tirelessly for not a huge reward. They make Brighton seafront.

The seafront will just be a long row of chain businesses if they carry out their threat. There are some great little businesses in the arches at the moment.

Chill, the Greens will control all of Brighton and Hove soon.
The outer suburbs are almost entirely true blue.
The city centre is green.
Labour now only gets its support from scattered pockets.

Under the current arrangements, the city centre has no-one with real power who is interested in it. The Council is governed by a clique of people who are only interested in pandering to folk in the outskirts who don't care for anything more than what goes on in their own suburban gardens.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think they work more than once a week. I presume this is an attempt at humour. They do an excellent job round where I live (well, they did until Mears stuck her oar in and screwed up the collection days) and I am pretty certain they do not get a huge salary for their efforts.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.

Under the current arrangements, the city centre has no-one with real power who is interested in it.

I may be wrong, but isnt the Green support moving into the suburbs too

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Under the current arrangements, the city centre has no-one with real power who is interested in it.

I'd change the boundaries. Rottingdean should not be able to have any say in Brighton matters.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The seafront will just be a long row of chain businesses if they carry out their threat. There are some great little businesses in the arches at the moment.

Oh, I do agree. I worked, as a volunteer, at the Fishing Museum one summer and got to know most of the yokels very well. The Council must do their utmost to protect small businesses along the seafront and in the Lanes/North Laine to protect the uniqueness of the city (sic).

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If they were that unelectable, how come this is the current make-up of the City Council?

Conservative 25
Green 13
Labour 13
Liberal Democrat 2
Independent 1

Lord B - You're misquoting me...

Since the early 90's the Tories couldn't get a look in in Brighton especially, until around 5 or 6 years ago when they began to chip away at Labour's majority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here