Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton to sign Loft

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Spiros said:
Please remember that there are some on this board that are never happier then when they have something to moan about, justified or not

Stop moaning...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Perry Milkins said:
I am fed up with people grumbling about people moaning about people whinging.
What is your stance on people complaining about people belly aching?

E

enigma

Good news- lets hope he's decent. Cant have cost us much so well worth a look anyway.

And for those whinging- give the kid a chance.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Perry Milkins said:
I am fed up with people grumbling about people moaning about people whinging.
And I am fed up with people posting about people grumbling about people moaning about people whinging. :p

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
bakesy said:
And I am fed up with people posting about people grumbling about people moaning about people whinging. :p

four cough and i.................................moan, moan, moan, moan, moan :rolleyes:

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i cant see the problem, ok so we've signed 'another one for the future'. everybody knows that we need someone for NOW, but just because we've got a local signing that noone knows doesn't mean we've stopped trying to sign a proven championship player does it?

does it?

well i hope not anyway.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think it's good that we are signing potential stars for the future. He must have some ability. Although I feel a Striker should be the main priority as we have no one.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has to be said Loft looked a tad scrawny in the reserves match last night. Not quite Championship standard IMHO, unlike half a dozen of the Reading side. As a wise old owl remarked last night - couldn't Coppell give us one or two of them on loan (ideally no.5 Aaron Brown & no.9 Simon Cox, oh yeah and that Lita fella if he's available, looks like he could do a job)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
TIMBO

surely u can give u ssome info on the kiddy?? is he any good u think?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
cheers for that comment kev. nice one. so where u seen him pay before kev? is he good enough to have been signed?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
sheebo said:
TIMBO

surely u can give u ssome info on the kiddy?? is he any good u think?

I was only at Hastings with him for a couple of weeks but to be fair he did look far too good. But its a huge step up. I thought Stafford Browne was going to be amazing when we signed him (also from Hastings)! At the time Hastings were only a couple of Divisions below Brighton as well whereas now its about five.

My assistant actually got him to come down after speaking to someone at Gillingham with a view to him playing a couple of ressie games to have a look at him. Dean Whites son plays for Hastings so thats where the recommendation came from.

It's impossible to tell whether he's good enough after seeing him in a couple of games at Hastings. For that you need to put him up against some decent oppostion. The Albion have obviously seen enough in him in the last couple of games to think that he warrants his chance. I hope he does well. He came down to Hastings with no pretensions at all. Some of the other players we spoke to that had been released just wanted to talk about money. Doug came down, worked hard and now has another chance.

I bet the other 'billy big bollocks'' who didn't want to know wish they'd done the same instead of just sitting back and waiting for Barcelona to ring up.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Timbo said:
I bet the other 'billy big bollocks'' who didn't want to know wish they'd done the same instead of just sitting back and waiting for Barcelona to ring up.
You wouldn't be talking about Mr McArthur by any chance would you? How does Loft compare to him? ability wise?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
Has to be said Loft looked a tad scrawny in the reserves match last night. Not quite Championship standard IMHO, unlike half a dozen of the Reading side. As a wise old owl remarked last night - couldn't Coppell give us one or two of them on loan (ideally no.5 Aaron Brown & no.9 Simon Cox, oh yeah and that Lita fella if he's available, looks like he could do a job)

:lolol: :lolol:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Don Tmatter said:
You wouldn't be talking about Mr McArthur by any chance would you? How does Loft compare to him? ability wise?

No, not at all, Duncan is who he is, an extremely talented player. Sadly he's got a few things that count against him but he's settled down now and seems to be enjoying his football again. Just a shame its a bit to late now, I think he could have been a great player for the Albion.

My comparison was with the other lads who were going to get let go by Gillingham but didn't want to know about Hastings. Like I said I think some of them thought Barcelona would rescue them.

Ability wise I think Doug's about on a par with Duncan when he was 17 and at Brighton. As I said before, playing for Hastings is no measure of how you'll cope in the Championship. I'm glad he's got his chance and also glad Brighton are keeping a close eye on local players that may have slipped through someone elses net.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I see no problem in signing him if it doesnt cost us a transfer fee and stop us signing what we need at the moment desperately if the only cost to us at the moment is wages fine. Now send one of the strikers out to whoever to re-coup that money. There must be a conference side that will take one of them or Jarrett who is not going to get much of a look in at the moment, I wouldnt think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here