Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton to sign Loft

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Great thats all we need........how about we trial a striker instead!

Stumpy Tim

Conkers said:
Great thats all we need........how about we trial a striker instead!

It's not all we need, but it's another sign that the club are looking to the future as well as struggling to stay up this season.

I really don't see the problem.

Also, I don't know if you remember, but Adam Virgo didn't come through the youth ranks. He was bought by Micky Adams aged 17 (I think). That turned out to be quite a good move

Last edited:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Stumpy Tim said:
It's not all we need, but it's another sign that the club are looking to the future as well as struggling to stay up this season.

I really don't see the problem

Exactly. He's hardly going to be on huge wages and just look at some of the players we've missed out on before from the local scene (e.g. Paul Ifill).

No harm in this signing in my opinion.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Stumpy Tim said:

I really don't see the problem

dont get me wrong new signings are a good thing, but we need players who are going to make an impact now, rather than a year down the line, otherwise we're going to be playing Crewe next season.....in league 1

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I did not say there was anything wrong with it! According to our guy who does the sport section, which includes reporting on Hastings, Doug Loft is a promising player who, while not being ready for Championship football yet, is worth taking on.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Can we sign someone over the age of 23 and under 29 who has a proven track record.:nono:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
algie said:
Can we sign someone over the age of 23 and under 29 who has a proven track record.:nono:
so you wouldn't sign Rooney if we had the chance? ;)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Your not getting my point.Doh

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
algie said:
Your not getting my point.Doh
dont worry i know what your trying to say and i totally agree with you. it's the same with CKR, yes he is one for the future but was never going to be a 20+ a season striker this season. what we need is someone who has proven themselves a good championship player

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is a shame that most, if not all, of those players will be out of our price range.

Look at teams around us who want one as well. All have the finances to do so..... Milwall/Sheff Wed etc.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
yeh thats our problem! i have faith in MM to find a bargain from some where. perhaps another Currie or Zamora....without spending £100k of course :lolol:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
he's 3ft 2 with an attitude problem :lolol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Stumpy Tim said:
Like a Czech midfielder/left back you mean

:censored:

Strooth mate.You fell for it as well.:dunce: :wave: