Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton to re-sign Hammond

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I am not overjoyed to see Virgo back.

I simply don't rate the guy as an all-round footie player.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
this has got to be a wind up ?

i would tho be delighted if this was true,was always a big hammond fan

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Lush

Mods' Pet
I wasn't bothered about seeing Hammond go not least because he seemed to rely far too much on being Wilkins blue-eyed boy - "The captaincy? Really? For me?".

MA would treat him VERY differently and who knows, it could be the making of him.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I see him everyday in the gym I work in, he comes in for his lunch and a work out. first off, my god he is such a physically fit bloke, i did a tour of the gym the other day and the bloke was sprinting on the treadmill for 15-20 mins. unbelievable !!! and second, i might just ask him. altho, he has recently changed his home club from hastings to colchester, so i can't see that he is planning a move back so soon !!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
...bring back Nobby!

Assuming you mean Mr Horton, do you mean as Manager or as a player.

With regard to Hammond, surely he is older than the Hammond we sold so we should go for younger players.

(seriously though, think we can do without him he and/or his agent could be an unsettling influence as MA rebuilds, admittedly with the rubble from the past rather than new bricks).

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If this is indeed true, then linking up with Thomson would be fantastic. But very unlikely, because he left for more money and a nicer ground then the Threatre of Trees.

You have changed your tune, Basil!

His shooting and finishing is dreadful to watch, his tackling and passing is in-consistent or even non-exisitant at times. He does alot of puffing and running around, doesn't show any skill on the ball.

Hammond is dreadful. IMO.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would love to see Hammond back. As has been said - we've never replaced him.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
You wait - one of Mickey's first signings first time around was Darren Freeman . . .
i am saying no more but just wait for a week or two.

Dazza will have the tea bar in the North stand running properly you mark my words !!

Last edited:

priesty

Jun 30, 2008
I always felt Hammond was a little over-rated.
Yes he was one our better players but it was during a period of little success and not much else attacking talent.
His goals from midfield were useful but the majority of these were from the penalty spot anyway!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
More chance of Tim Henman winning wimbledon this year.

Hammond wanted to stay in January. Wilkins wanted Hammond to stay in January.

Dick Knight decided to sell him, so I cannot see for one second, General Knight resigning him.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This is getting a bit crap now. Is Micky really that short of ideas? Whatever happened to the brave new future?
It'a the Adams way though isn't it? Last time round he signed a load of players he already knew and he's simply repeating the pattern. The fact that they've all played for Brighton previously is just a coincidence.

However I can't see it happening myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here