Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton slapper hits back at Frankie Boyle

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Is it really any different or worse than people joking about 9/11 and stuff and pretty much everyone does that these days

Comedy is very subjective, he pushes the boundaries more than most, but thats what comedy is all about

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Is it really any different or worse than people joking about 9/11 and stuff and pretty much everyone does that these days

Comedy is very subjective, he pushes the boundaries more than most, but thats what comedy is all about

i dont really give a shit i just hate frankie boyle. you can see he has a nasty streak a mile wide and i dont get how people dont see it. he is just a snide who has hit on a way of getting people to pay him for being one. he is no boundary pusher.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It gives the impression of a contemptable prick, utterly oblivious to the realities of parenting a disabled child, whatever you think of Katie Price.
There's no reason to think he is oblivious to the realities of parenting a disabled child. He's a comedian whose brand of comedy is to shock. His joke was shocking, and would have offended Katie (and I don't see why we should care about what she thinks).

I don't see what it has to do with understanding the parenting of disabled children.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I am no prude, and love a good joke,even find Frankie funny sometimes. But that joke is proper wrong. If Boyle was in the same position as Price, I am sure he'd want to rip the head off of anyone talking about his child (disabled or not) like that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It gives the impression of a contemptable prick, utterly oblivious to the realities of parenting a disabled child, whatever you think of Katie Price.

I don't think Price is aware of the realities of parenting a disabled child. Every time I see that hideous skank she's off abroad on a photo shoot, or to LA to have her hair done, or stumbling out of some nightclub, or poncing through an airport somewhere.

Her MUM is fully aware of the realities of parenting a disabled child though.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Frankie Boyle was great on Mock the Week, not been as good since - this is just a case of getting it wrong and going too far. Everyone who goes 'near the line' in whatever they do crosses it occasionally, that's one of the ways you know where the line is.

In my own industry, journalism, I would liken it to being threatened with legal action. You don't want it, but if no one ever threatened you with legal action you probably wouldn't be doing your job properly, and playing it too cosy and safe.

This was just a bad joke, and therefore an error. I doubt he'd do it again.

What do we want, Terry and June 24/7?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think Price is aware of the realities of parenting a disabled child. Every time I see that hideous skank she's off abroad on a photo shoot, or to LA to have her hair done, or stumbling out of some nightclub, or poncing through an airport somewhere.

Her MUM is fully aware of the realities of parenting a disabled child though.
In truth, I also KNOW this to be true but only because I know people through my wife, who works in a school for the disabled and has been on course featuring her mum and not Price.

Still, you can't underestimate the impact of looking after a disabled child until they are well into adulthood.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Frankie Boyle is funny, but unfortunately I thought what he said was wrong. There is a limit, and he went past that. If you allow this sort of humour to continue then people will start think it is the norm, which is totally unaceptable.

I go walking every tuesday and thursday with one of my dads old friends. We have known them for years and are good family friends. His son is 36 years old, same age as me, but suffers from severe autism and lives away from home as he needs 24/7 care so I can relate to this issue.

Now I don't know why C4 & FB will not apologise, either they just don't think its an issue, or they are embarrased about what was said. However the longer this goes on, the worse it is going to get.

They should have just apologised as soon as it became an issue, unfotunately for them, that Katie Price makes mince meat out of people.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now I don't know why C4 & FB will not apologise, either they just don't think its an issue, or they are embarrased about what was said.
It's definitely the former, if they really thought it was unacceptable, they would have apologised.

They should have just apologised as soon as it became an issue
Obviously they'd only need to apologise if it was wrong. Most people seem to think it was wrong, but why exactly? What are the rules and what makes this wrong, but jokes about Stephen Hawking and others ok? It's no good just saying you think one joke isn't acceptable if you've got no guidelines to what is.

One of the few jokes that I thought was unacceptable was when Billy Connolly's joke about the hostage Ken Bigley. IMO that was unacceptable because it was a joke about a man who was alive, and likely to be murdered at any point. The joke by Frankie was just ludicrous, not something real.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Frankie Boyle's the comedy equivalent of heavy metal. Everybody's like's a bit of ROCK every now and again, 3 minutes of "The Ace Of Spades" is brilliant but you wouldn't want to listen to Motorhead for 2 hours.

As for Mock The Week, since Frankie and the young Russell comic left it's been a bit like "Dara and Friends".

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Frankie Boyle isn't funny, his "jokes" are intended to stun people rather than make them laugh. He was bang out of order with this one, firstly because it was regarding a child and secondly because the target couldn't even defend himself.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
secondly because the target couldn't even defend himself.
Firstly, his target was Jordan, not Harvey. Secondly, are targets always able to defend themselves? No, of course not, many aren't even alive. So if that's your feeling of what is an isn't acceptable, you must think a lot of comedy is out of order.

I'd have more time for Jordan and her apparent concern for Harvey if she hadn't spent her entire time while pregnant with him gakked up to her eyebrows and drinking like a f***ing fish.

There is a damn good reason Haervey is disabled and that reason is called Katie Price.

Has anyone else seen the video where she and whichever person she was shagging that week sit around a table and encourage Harvey to swear and then fall about laughing at him when he does?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd have more time for Jordan and her apparent concern for Harvey if she hadn't spent her entire time while pregnant with him gakked up to her eyebrows and drinking like a f***ing fish.
I saw her on Frank Skinner's show back then, she was quite depressed and messed up. Harvey is at least lucky there's a ton of money to hep him get the best out of life.

Has anyone else seen the video where she and whichever person she was shagging that week sit around a table and encourage Harvey to swear and then fall about laughing at him when he does?
No, I'd like to see that. Daft cow.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Firstly, his target was Jordan, not Harvey. Secondly, are targets always able to defend themselves? No, of course not, many aren't even alive. So if that's your feeling of what is an isn't acceptable, you must think a lot of comedy is out of order.

How is Jordan his target, in those jokes ? By saying she needs a cage fighter to protect her from her son raping her, that is Jordan being the target, not Harvey ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How is Jordan his target, in those jokes ? By saying she needs a cage fighter to protect her from her son raping her, that is Jordan being the target, not Harvey ?
He wouldn't have made the joke if she wasn't such a slapper, changing blokes with the wind, having her tits done and posing in wank mags. There are many celebs with disabled children, but he doesn't make the same jokes about them.

Obviously he also wouldn't have been making the jokes if Harvey wasn't disabled, so I do see that everyone has a point to some extent. But Harvey won't ever be offended by the joke, and Frankie wouldn't have wanted or expected him to be.

I'm just surprised that so many people think channel4 shouldn't have aired the joke, thinking it's past the boundaries. Loads of comedians make jokes with reference to disabilty, and I can understand those that think it's all unacceptable, it's just that this example doesn't seem any worse than anything else.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He wouldn't have made the joke if she wasn't such a slapper, changing blokes with the wind, having her tits done and posing in wank mags. There are many celebs with disabled children, but he doesn't make the same jokes about them.

Obviously he also wouldn't have been making the jokes if Harvey wasn't disabled, so I do see that everyone has a point to some extent. But Harvey won't ever be offended by the joke, and Frankie wouldn't have wanted or expected him to be.

I'm just surprised that so many people think channel4 shouldn't have aired the joke, thinking it's past the boundaries. Loads of comedians make jokes with reference to disabilty, and I can understand those that think it's all unacceptable, it's just that this example doesn't seem any worse than anything else.

Great, but how was that joke not about Harvey ? Why didn't he use one of the other kids? Oh, it was because Harvey is disabled and that is why its funny

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Obviously he also wouldn't have been making the jokes if Harvey wasn't disabled, so I do see that everyone has a point to some extent.
Why didn't he use one of the other kids? Oh, it was because Harvey is disabled and that is why its funny
That's what I said.

But is it really offensive to Harvey? I expect most people would say yes, but I just don't see it. Harvey doesn't have a condition where he'll harm his mother in any way. It was just shocking sillyness.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
How much hands on round the clock parenting of Harvey does that odious slapper do?

The fact that she keeps banging on about this issue I suspect is just to generate more media attention for her. I have a grave suspicion that when the cameras stop rolling Harvey and the other kids get farmed out more often to the nanny or Mr Andre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here