Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You know the story, discuss

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Boyle’s joke was: “I have a theory about the reason Jordan married a cage fighter – she needed a man strong enough to stop Harvey from f***ing her.”

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Boyle’s joke was: “I have a theory about the reason Jordan married a cage fighter – she needed a man strong enough to stop Harvey from f***ing her.”

and we are now debating if he is a **** or not. that should not take long.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh :)

Well some months back Frankie made the following jokes on his Channel 4 show Tramadol Nights:

'Jordan and Peter Andre are still fighting each other over custody of Harvey - eventually one of them will lose and have to keep him.'
He then added: 'I have a theory about the reason Jordan married a cage fighter - she needed a man strong enough to stop Harvey from f***ing her...'

Yesterday Katie's tv show aired, where they discussed whether he should apologise etc, and contacted him several times for an interview or apology, which he declined.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I've seen the guy live twice, and although I don't know what happened, you seriously shouldn't turn up at a Frankie Boyle gig and
A) get offended
B) heckle (you will lose as he is a professional comedian)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
and we are now debating if he is a **** or not. that should not take long.
The debate I was suggesting is whether he was wrong to make the joke, whether he should be apologising, and whether all the other offensive jokes comedians make are any other different.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've seen the guy live twice, and although I don't know what happened, you seriously shouldn't turn up at a Frankie Boyle gig and
A) get offended
B) heckle (you will lose as he is a professional comedian)
This isn't about turning up to his gig, it's stuff that was on tv. It's as simple as the lines quoted above, obviously in the context of a comedy routine.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land

yes its in pretty bad taste if you draw the line at telling jokes about disabled people, I tend to think he should joke about someting else but thats what you get with Boyle.
Jordan is kicking up so much, I hope because of her son or has she got a new,fragrance, book, documentary out? the woman plays her life out on tv so i dont think she can really complain
about much

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Boyle is a twat for using a child's disability for a joke.

Price is a twat for still banging on about a joke that was over a year ago, in turn giving it more publicity and using a child's disability for her own media attention.

Don't think anyone comes out of it particularly well.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Price is a twat for still banging on about a joke that was over a year ago, in turn giving it more publicity and using a child's disability for her own media attention.

This of course is the correct answer. Generally, I've always found Frankie Boyle amusing. I guess those who find him amusing do so partly in the knowledge that he is going to offend someone else with that completely outrageous joke you have just laughed at. Of course, everyone has their own level of tolerance, and I agree with you - I find jokes about this disabled child quite distasteful - but I can understand that others don't. The less said about Price, the better.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

yep but the old playground defence he started it sometimes wins out.

i dont buy all this you pay to see frankie boyle you know what you get with him logic. i would not pay to see the cnt and i still know this joke. how does that work then. will i get some money off frankie boyle now. probably not bearing in mind his nationality.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
This isn't about turning up to his gig, it's stuff that was on tv. It's as simple as the lines quoted above, obviously in the context of a comedy routine.

Fair enough.
I find Frankie Boyle funny, But I hate some of the stuff he does. And poking fun at disability ( albeit to get at Katie Price) isn't acceptable.
Although I've heard alot worse at work

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Taking the piss out of her - fine.
Taking the piss out of the kid - not on.

He should apologies to the kid, but Jordan can get lost she wanted to live in a world of self publicity, she is now living with the consequences of parading her children on TV for her own gain.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
out fo who is the biggest arsehole i am astounded that one of yer own katie is lumped in with that odious scotch. in terms of who has the blacker heart i think a lot of people are barking their heads off up the wrong tree on this one.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
out fo who is the biggest arsehole i am astounded that one of yer own katie is lumped in with that odious scotch. in terms of who has the blacker heart i think a lot of people are barking their heads off up the wrong tree on this one.
In my opinion, where Boyle is letting himself down is not with the joke itself, nor the refusal to apologise. It's the refusal to even explain why he doesn't feel he needs to.

It gives the impression of a contemptable prick, utterly oblivious to the realities of parenting a disabled child, whatever you think of Katie Price.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
In my opinion, where Boyle is letting himself down is not with the joke itself, nor the refusal to apologise. It's the refusal to even explain why he doesn't feel he needs to.

It gives the impression of a contemptable prick, utterly oblivious to the realities of parenting a disabled child, whatever you think of Katie Price.

i dont understand why it always has to end, whatever you think of katie price. dont matter.

of course the joke is about her but it wouldnt mean anything if you were talking about a mum who wasnt famous.

why not do a joke about muriel grays kid who fell in the pond. bet he would bottle that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
poking fun at disability ( albeit to get at Katie Price) isn't acceptable.
The thing is, comedians take the piss out of Stephen Hawking on a daily basis. So if joking about disability isn't acceptable, they should all be stopped, not just Fankie.

Taking the piss out of her - fine.
Taking the piss out of the kid - not on.

He should apologies to the kid, but Jordan can get lost she wanted to live in a world of self publicity
That's the thing - he has offended Jordan, but he hasn't offended Harvey, because Harvey doesn't know anything about it. If he apologised to Harvey, Harvey wouldn't know why.

Jordan certainly had it coming, she dumped her husband, got with another guy, married him and then dumped him to for another - not exactly the stable family life her kids need. With what she does to her body it's also fair to make jokes about people wanting to ride her.

This particular joke was offensive/sick etc, but it was also ludicrous. No one thought there was any element of reality in it. It's not really that different to most other offensive jokes out there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here