Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Sign Man City Duo

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Ok, now I'm scared.

That Gus bloke is spoiling us too much, I hope the bubble wont burst.

Two questions. I know we have our fair share of loans but do we have more cash than we think? and is GP and TB aiming for more than the play off's?.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Ok, now I'm scared.

That Gus bloke is spoiling us too much, I hope the bubble wont burst.

Two questions. I know we have our fair share of loans but do we have more cash than we think? and is GP and TB aiming for more than the play off's?.
if we do hit the play-off's then win it, then we have won the richest prize in football, so it could help

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blimey!, the post from the city fan must surely get a :O

Thanks for taking the time to post that City - can't wait to see them in action now.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Blimey!, the post from the city fan must surely get a :O

Thanks for taking the time to post that City - can't wait to see them in action now.

yea, especially our very own mini Messi for now :)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Exciting times! That's five premiership loanees we've got in now - great competition for places, and surely we must be looking to make two ot three of them permanent in the summer? Great business to have them on loan first, though - taste and try before you buy and all that.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I mentioned to a mate at work who's a Liverpool fan that we'd signed 2 city players. He kind of knew Rasak but when I mentioned Assalaunt (spelling?) his reaction was " Christ, he is ex Barca, played 1st team. You've signed him???"
And it only seems like yesterday I was wetting myself over buying players like Glenn Murray and Liam Dickinson £100-£200k

Sent by Derek Acorah via the spirit world.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks for the details City.
Great business to have them on loan first, though - taste and try before you buy and all that.
Well these last 2 are obviously not try before you buy, they're here for some first team games.

City

Feb 17, 2012
Manchester City FC
Unfortunately, these are two of our brightest prospects so they won't be here to stay. They'll be here to get some first team football under their belt.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Unfortunately, these are two of our brightest prospects so they won't be here to stay. They'll be here to get some first team football under their belt.

They're good, But not European Cup winners? If and a big if, we get to the Premier, we would straightaway have to go and buy four players of this quality just to stay up. Gai Asssulin is marginal whether he get in our first team. Rasak is different altogether as we haven't got a box to box midfielder of his standard.

City

Feb 17, 2012
Manchester City FC
They're good, But not European Cup winners? If and a big if, we get to the Premier, we would straightaway have to go and buy four players of this quality just to stay up. Gai Asssulin is marginal whether he get in our first team. Rasak is different altogether as we haven't got a box to box midfielder of his standard.
They're not European Cup winners, no, but the majority of players in world football aren't either. If I recall correctly, we have only 2 European Cup winners in our squad. Yaya Toure and Mario Balotelli.

Gai is 20 and Razak is 18. They're at the point where they need to be getting first-team experience under their belt. There's no way in my mind that I can see us selling either of them because their potential is very very high.

If you are promoted, I could very well see us loaning them to you again if this spell is positive. There's another big prospect we have named John Guidetti. He is 19 is is ripping the Dutch league apart on loan at Feyenoord. He has 17 goals and 5 assists in 15 games. That kid is an animal. If you are promoted, we could very well loan him to you as we want to see how he will do in the Prem.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They're not European Cup winners, no, but the majority of players in world football aren't either. If I recall correctly, we have only 2 European Cup winners in our squad. Yaya Toure and Mario Balotelli.

Gai is 20 and Razak is 18. They're at the point where they need to be getting first-team experience under their belt. There's no way in my mind that I can see us selling either of them because their potential is very very high.

If you are promoted, I could very well see us loaning them to you again if this spell is positive. There's another big prospect we have named John Guidetti. He is 19 is is ripping the Dutch league apart on loan at Feyenoord. He has 17 goals and 5 assists in 15 games. That kid is an animal. If you are promoted, we could very well loan him to you as we want to see how he will do in the Prem.

I don't suppose you have a decent goalkeeper? We have actually got more wingers than we need.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

The thread was getting better and better till I got to you, why spoil it? :(

City

Feb 17, 2012
Manchester City FC
I don't suppose you have a decent goalkeeper? We have actually got more wingers than we need.
Gai isn't like the traditional English winger that Stoke loves. He's not the kind to sprint, sprint cross. This is too rudimentary for him.

His game is all about finesse and dictating play, like David Silva, but maybe more direct. Though I suppose, he can play as a winger, he's not really the type to cross with a 1 out of 20 chance ball hoofed into the box. Like other players with good technical ability, he will want to come inside and actually create more concrete chances if you see what I mean.

And decent goal keeper? Nope, too young.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Gai isn't like the traditional English winger that Stoke loves. He's not the kind to sprint, sprint cross. This is too rudimentary for him.

His game is all about finesse and dictating play, like David Silva, but maybe more direct. Though I suppose, he can play as a winger, he's not really the type to cross with a 1 out of 20 chance ball hoofed into the box. Like other players with good technical ability, he will want to come inside and actually create more concrete chances if you see what I mean.

And decent goal keeper? Nope, too young.

I have seen the video. Neat and tidy in the Spanish Second Division which according to Vicente is better than the Championship. Seems both footed, but we have already got ...

City

Feb 17, 2012
Manchester City FC
The highlights are nice, but I never like to use highlights to give me an idea of a player's ability.

If I had to base it on the video alone, I would say Gai is much more skillful but this guy looks like a very good crosser of the ball with a knack for free kicks.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The highlights are nice, but I never like to use highlights to give me an idea of a player's ability.

If I had to base it on the video alone, I would say Gai is much more skillful but this guy looks like a very good crosser of the ball with a knack for free kicks.

Time will tell. I think Kazenga is faster and can change direction. He cost something like £1.2 million as a youngster. But there is something about the football intuition. Buckley on our other wing has got more stamina and can shoot and is faster as well. And can do useful step overs and cross with his other foot. Still, with Vicente doubtful on his fitness; Assulin looks better than Harley. Assulin also looks trickier in tight spaces and would give Craig Mackall-Smith a run for his money. We have also got Craig Noone who is OK but struggled against some of the better full backs. I think Craig Noone will start against Liverpool.

City

Feb 17, 2012
Manchester City FC
This was Assulin's last match for us in the reserves. It was his first match since getting fit again, although wasn't flashy, he changed the game for us with a goal and 2 assists:

Skip to 2:25
bit.ly/y3JE8F (copy and paste YT link)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This was Assulin's last match for us in the reserves. It was his first match since getting fit again, although wasn't flashy, he changed the game for us with a goal and 2 assists:

Skip to 2:25
bit.ly/y3JE8F (copy and paste YT link)

Thanks for that City.

Here it is for the lazy and computer clueless amongst us :)

[yt]0FRzXrkJokY[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here