Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Sign Man City Duo

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This was Assulin's last match for us in the reserves. It was his first match since getting fit again, although wasn't flashy, he changed the game for us with a goal and 2 assists:

Skip to 2:25
bit.ly/y3JE8F (copy and paste YT link)

Actually, I would like to see him on the bench or even in the side if Vicente is not fit. But we are actually playing Liverpool away and we cannot afford to give the ball away because of misunderstandings because the players are not used to playing with each other. We might not get the ball back. Kazenga Lua lua may not (probably won't) start for the same reason.

See the Spurs tactical formations on Scouting Report for Liverpool.

Spurs did not play any wingers (and Man United at home only played Valencia), so it might be seen as overindulgence if we played more than one. Noone (essentially a winger) may tuck inside as an interiore. It would be good if Rusak could play cause Sparrow is missing in the middle of the park. Forster-Caskey's inclusion was by default really. I suppose we could play Harley?

Included for the fun of it, not to prove anything.

Last edited:

City

Feb 17, 2012
Manchester City FC
Hi, City fan here. I just wanted to tell you lot a little bit about Gai and Abdul. They are two exciting prospects, and I am certain they will impress!

Gai is a highly technical player. By this I mean, great vision, passing, dribbling, tricks, etc. He's a very exciting player to watch, and every time you watch him, he just 'oozes' the air of Barcelona. It's no surprise as he was developed in their world-class academy.

Gai was touted as the 'next Messi' and was one of Barcelona's more promising prospects. Since a young age he has been a full international for his country.
What happened to him was that he has been plagued with injuries.
I wouldn't say he's injury prone, but rather, very unlucky. Last year, he was ripping the reserves league apart and then some player hacked him in a nasty challenge, and boom. Another injury. This kid is a potential gold mine provided he is more fortunate. He can play as a winger, but is much better behind strikers as his through balls are excellent. Barcelona really drill this into their players I guess. :)

No one is like Messi, but his playing style is very similar. He'll beat couple players and then deliver a perfectly weighted through ball. Classy guy. He recently played against United in the the Manchester Senior Cup and scored a goal and had a nice assist as well.

Abdul is a very robust central midfielder with good technique. He's been compared to Yaya Touré. He is a great passer, and is very composed on the ball. He doesn't freak out under pressure, and is skillfull enough to turn players. He is also quick, strong, good in the tackle.

I'd say he's essentially 'the complete midfielder.' He can defend, pass, and run with the ball. Kid has great qualities. He's been training with our first team all season, and has been on the bench for us a lot. Mancini clearly rates him as not many younger players train with our first team.

Enjoy your new loanees lads! I've seen you lot play a few times this season, and I think Razak and a fit Gai can get into your first team, help improve your squad, and push for a play-off spot!

Cheers.

I bumped this in case someone didn't see this and would interest them.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Gail Assulin will be surplus to Manc City's requirements. He would be a popular addition to any Championship squad, but he would not be automatic for the Brighton team as wide players are our strongest asset and he does not look as quick as Kazenga or Will Buckley. He could (hopefully) be and out and out striker competing for the spot up front in the Suarez role. As for Razak, I think Man City may very well want to keep him. But he looks like he could fill the central midfield spot in a 4-3-3. I hoped Will Buckley might be able to do this, but he looks better wide right.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
From what I gather from Andy Naylor's twitter in the short period he was on the pitch at Hull, Gai Assulin played the recent Ryan Giggs role or "interiore" (left to centre). This would be the role occupied by Vicente or perhaps Noone or Harley. It is a risky role because it leaves a hole that in the Brighton left side defence would be covered if we play two holding midfielders: Bridcutt and Navarro.

It was after Razak was taken off that McLean got his chance which he should have scored. It is a good job the opponent's finishing in the Championship is poor, or else we would be down with the Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here