Lynch
Rents
Cox
Nicolas
Breach (Fraser)
Frutos
Robinson
Turienzo

Robinson and Turienzo (2) missed sitters.

Kuipers looked fit; Chaigneau came on at half time and looked competent.

Cox was lively, and the two centre backs had a good game. Fraser looked promising when he came on for the anonymous Breach.

El Abd didn't have a very good game, nor did Robinson - who looked like he thought he was too good for that level.

Really don't want to slag off Turienzo but he did nothing to justify a six figure transfer fee.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Re: Re: Brighton Reserves 0 - Luton Reserves 0

gvce26 said:
Is that true?

We paid the money to his agent as he "owned" his contact.

y2dave said:
I take it Kuipers going off at half time was pre-planned? No injury.

I presume so. He certainly wasn't injured.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Reserves tonight - anyone else go?

Just back from tonight's 0-0 at Woodside Road v Luton Reserves. Hard fought game, although I missed the first 20 minutes.
Positives first:
* FDM makes confident return, playing the first 45 minutes. Didn't have too much to do, but it was interesting standing behind the goal and seeing how much he shouts at/encourages his defence. Non-stop for the whole half, with a few interesting exchanges of views with Adam El-Abd, who had a muscular battle with one of their tall strikers.
* Chaigneau on in second half and made a couple of decent saves, including one excellent push round a post from a well hit free kick
* Jakey looked lively, linking well with pocket dynamo Dean Cox who got down the right to good effect. Should have scored from one through the ball with just the keeper to beat. Coxy fizzed one drive from 20 yards just past the left hand post after a corner.
* Joel Lynch had a solid game at the back, using his height well and getting in some key tackles
Now the negatives:
* Turienzo just isn't up to it in my view. He wasted several good six yard box opportunities created by Jakey and Coxy's industry, and while he won the odd header his positional sense wasn't great and his control even worse. Would be very disturbed to see him in the first team.
* Alexis Nicolas didn't have a great game. Misplaced too many passes and while always busy, never did anything of much quality.
* Generally scrappy performance with little evidence of too many staking a claim on a first team place beyond those we already know about. Frutos drifted out of the game too often.
Still, glad I rolled up and at four quid to get in, not a bad night's football all in all.
Anyone else agree/disagree?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Beeercan said:
How did Rents look?

Better.

I believe he has been training with the first team too so maybe we will see him before long.

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
chez said:
Andy, what about Frutos, did he show anything tonight that will have put him in the starting 11 for Cardiff?

No one really stood out as having a great game but I do think he should be given a run in the team. He does his fair share of tracking back and making tackles so I do not think it would be a risk to give him a go.

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
fatboy said:
He had a better game than Albert Jarrett tonight.

No one really stood out as having a great game but I do think he should be given a run in the team. He does his fair share of tracking back and making tackles so I do not think it would be a risk to give him a go.

Cool, really hope he is given his chance against Cardiff.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I wish the reserve games would be played in Brighton. I'm sure they would get a better attendance aswell.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
That's just it, I don't supose they can play them anywhere. Could they not play the odd few games at withdean during the season at international breaks etc?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fatboy

Did you see either of the (Luton) lads we had drink with in the Buzza after our last Luton home game?

I think they were going tonight.

gvce26 said:
I wish the reserve games would be played in Brighton. I'm sure they would get a better attendance aswell.

Fair play to Worthing but I hope when we get the stadium the Reserves will return to Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here