Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Reserves 0 - Luton Reserves 0 [merged threads]

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Buzza said:
Fatboy

Did you see either of the (Luton) lads we had drink with in the Buzza after our last Luton home game?

I think they were going tonight.

Afraid not.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Caveman said:
I often went on a spare afternoon to the Goldstone and sat in the old West Stand and watch the reserves.

That's just it, I would do the same quiet frequently, but with the hassle of going to Worthing makes it alot less attractive and coming home to nsc and beer a certain :smokin:

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
gvce26 said:
That's just it, I don't supose they can play them anywhere. Could they not play the odd few games at withdean during the season at international breaks etc?

The old crusty's of Withdean would not stand for that, stupid old sods.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Reserves tonight - anyone else go?

We're the Stripes said:
Just back from tonight's 0-0 at Woodside Road v Luton Reserves. Hard fought game, although I missed the first 20 minutes.
Positives first:
* FDM makes confident return, playing the first 45 minutes. Didn't have too much to do, but it was interesting standing behind the goal and seeing how much he shouts at/encourages his defence. Non-stop for the whole half, with a few interesting exchanges of views with Adam El-Abd, who had a muscular battle with one of their tall strikers.
* Chaigneau on in second half and made a couple of decent saves, including one excellent push round a post from a well hit free kick
* Jakey looked lively, linking well with pocket dynamo Dean Cox who got down the right to good effect. Should have scored from one through the ball with just the keeper to beat. Coxy fizzed one drive from 20 yards just past the left hand post after a corner.
* Joel Lynch had a solid game at the back, using his height well and getting in some key tackles
Now the negatives:
* Turienzo just isn't up to it in my view. He wasted several good six yard box opportunities created by Jakey and Coxy's industry, and while he won the odd header his positional sense wasn't great and his control even worse. Would be very disturbed to see him in the first team.
* Alexis Nicolas didn't have a great game. Misplaced too many passes and while always busy, never did anything of much quality.
* Generally scrappy performance with little evidence of too many staking a claim on a first team place beyond those we already know about. Frutos drifted out of the game too often.
not a bad night's football all in all.
Anyone else agree/disagree?

Agree with most of that although I thought Frutos did well. He had a couple of shots on goal that were promising.
Turienzo was awful and maybe others will now believe me when I say Nicolas is not good enough for the first team at the moment.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Stinky Kat said:
In your opinions is Turienzo as 'good' as Big Mac?

He's not that bad.

I cannot believe that Turienzo is going to be a bad player after we spent that much on him.

But he really hasn't done a lot to convince me he is a decent player.

He did show a couple of good touches, but did not look sharp in front of goal.

He was not bought as a goal-scorer - his record in Argentine football is hardly prolific - but as a link-player. He may not have has a good game tonight but give him his chance to settle, remember Darren Currie.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
London Irish said:
He was not bought as a goal-scorer - his record in Argentine football is hardly prolific - but as a link-player. He may not have has a good game tonight but give him his chance to settle, remember Darren Currie.

To settle he would need to put some effort in and watch what was going on.
He didn't do either tonight.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yorkie said:
To settle he would need to put some effort in and watch what was going on.
He didn't do either tonight.

He was looking for the ball everytime Kuipers was kicking it out. (Kuipers kicking was good tonight.)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
You sad that about D henderson - seems to be doing ok now

The games I saw him play in, that was the case.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I can't believe someone who has played as many games as Turienzo has in the Argentinian top division and even the Copa Libertadores will turn out to be a bad player.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Silent Bob said:
I can't believe someone who has played as many games as Turienzo has in the Argentinian top division and even the Cope Libertadores will turn out to be a bad player.

Different type of player

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Beeercan said:
How did Rents look?
With his eyes........just like the rest of us.:rolleyes:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
Maybe people should not be so quick to judge

Meaning what?

Look back over your posts today about Kuipers.
It's all about opinions Kinks

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ive had 4 years to come to that - its not aimed at you - just people come to quick conclusions - that italian Brentford signed (forget his name) People were screaming for Brighton to sign him after 2 games

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Silent Bob said:
I can't believe someone who has played as many games as Turienzo has in the Argentinian top division and even the Copa Libertadores will turn out to be a bad player.

I didn't say he was bad. I said he needed to put some effort in and look interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here