Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Cheers seasider. A sensible post at last.

We clearly overachieved last season and naturally needed serious reinforcements come September to have any chance of staying up. I've been delighted with the business we've done so far. The majority are decent Championship players with a point to prove (Hunt, Mariappa, Thomas, Kebe, Gayle etc.) who may well stay should we be relegated. We've also added Premier League quality in the form of Jason Puncheon (Southampton's best player last season according to many of their fans) and Marouane Chamakh (courted by the top clubs in Europe just two years ago). By the looks of it we're after a couple more of this calibre today as well.

When you look at who Swansea, Norwich etc. signed when they were promoted they weren't too dissimilar to who we've recruited. I'd 100% rather go down this route rather than signing over-the-hill, moneygrabbing players ala QPR last season.

As for the Bridcutt bid, it's clear we went in low, but (please correct me if I'm wrong) he doesn't have long left on his contract and probably has aspirations of playing Premier League football. There's no harm making an enquiry. We've been rebuffed so far - fine.

Wrong muppet, according to saints fans i know (work with) they agree that Morgan Schneiderlin was there best player followed lallana then lambert. stop making up stuff to suit your agenda.

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
Fair post. However to state that you have basically 'taken' Southampton's best player of last season is ridiculous. If they wanted him he'd still be there.

Like I said, the Southampton fans said he was their best player. It's their manager who's frozen him out, not them.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Cheers seasider. A sensible post at last.

We clearly overachieved last season and naturally needed serious reinforcements come September to have any chance of staying up. I've been delighted with the business we've done so far. The majority are decent Championship players with a point to prove (Hunt, Mariappa, Thomas, Kebe, Gayle etc.) who may well stay should we be relegated. We've also added Premier League quality in the form of Jason Puncheon (Southampton's best player last season according to many of their fans) and Marouane Chamakh (courted by the top clubs in Europe just two years ago). By the looks of it we're after a couple more of this calibre today as well.

When you look at who Swansea, Norwich etc. signed when they were promoted they weren't too dissimilar to who we've recruited. I'd 100% rather go down this route rather than signing over-the-hill, moneygrabbing players ala QPR last season.

As for the Bridcutt bid, it's clear we went in low, but (please correct me if I'm wrong) he doesn't have long left on his contract and probably has aspirations of playing Premier League football. There's no harm making an enquiry. We've been rebuffed so far - fine.

There's asking and there's insulting. Yours was the latter.

You're right though, he does want PL football but I imagine he'd rather be playing in a team who can compete at that level not one who are going to get tonked 8 out 10 games.

Look at Cardiff. That team went up because they were the best in the Championship and are looking capable of putting up a fight, you lot finished in the last play off place and ( fair dos) beat better teams to go up and are looking well out of your depth ( Sunderland are NOT a PL team and you know it) at this level.

I actually would prefer to see you giving it a go in the PL as it could inspire other teams with aspirations to get there too. I just don't think you will.

Dream on that Bridcutt would be allowed to sign for Palace now that Poyet has gone ( he might have allowed it) bloom will never sanction that.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I can't imagine anyone would bid any higher than £5m at present.

You'd better hope they don't. My fear is that one or two of your better players will get snaffled by bigger fish come January. Williams would be one of them.

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
Wrong muppet, according to saints fans i know (work with) they agree that Morgan Schneiderlin was there best player followed lallana then lambert. stop making up stuff to suit your agenda.

Any chance you can engage in a discussion without petty insults?

When we signed Puncheon plenty of their fans were on our messageboard saying how he was their best player for large periods of last season and they couldn't believe they let him go. You're welcome to have a read through if you don't believe me.

He played 32 league games for them last season, so I think he did alright.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I can't imagine anyone would bid any higher than £5m at present.

Probably because he can only play for 20 minutes before getting injured again. He looks fantastic when he has the ball but if he's never going to be fit then he's not going to be worth big money.

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
You'd better hope they don't. My fear is that one or two of your better players will get snaffled by bigger fish come January. Williams would be one of them.

I'd be disappointed to see Jonny leave as he's a local lad, but he barely starts a game for us. With Bannan and potentially another midfielder coming in his chances are going to be very limited.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Any chance you can engage in a discussion without petty insults?

When we signed Puncheon plenty of their fans were on our messageboard saying how he was their best player for large periods of last season and they couldn't believe they let him go. You're welcome to have a read through if you don't believe me.

He played 32 league games for them last season, so I think he did alright.

If you dont like it then p*ss off to the BBS. I dont need to read it, i have been told by 5 (five) saints fans that Morgan Schneiderlin was the best player. Just face it, your going down. Down i tell ya.....

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Williams will be a decent Prem midfielder in the future and is undoubtedly talented, but a player with an injury record like that is worth next to nothing if they can't prove their fitness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here