Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Bbc: Meanwhile, it looks as if Barry Bannan will be signing for Crystal Palace, linking up again with Ian Holloway for whom he had a successful loan spell at Blackpool."

Seriously? My friend who goes to all villa games says he's one of the worst players they have EVER had.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Ward is actually a good fullback, Has not looked out of place in our three games so far.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ystal-palace-close-in-on-targets-8794475.html

^Standard saying stuff about Bridcutt, Still can't see it happening.

I've only seen the Spurs game so far, thought he got turned inside out most times. On the other hand, thought Moxey looked surprisingly good. Least you don't have that Jazz chap anymore! (I think, not really up to date on the CP squad)

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
If I were Holloway I'd be addressing the issue of his defence being an absolute shower of sh!te. They went up on the strength of their attack which, fair enough, was very potent. But their defensive record was embarrassing, a new defence should've been priority no1.

Adrian Mariappa is having a medical today.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
If I were Holloway I'd be addressing the issue of his defence being an absolute shower of sh!te. They went up on the strength of their attack which, fair enough, was very potent. But their defensive record was embarrassing, a new defence should've been priority no1.

All rivalry aside, if your defence is leaky in the championship and you don't strengthen, what on earth will prem teams do to you? They won't need dwight gayle up top, they'll need van persie and aguero, the amount they're going to concede.

Also back on topic, they can swivel for two of our best players for pisstake money. £15m for the pair and *maybe* Tony will read the email rather than moving it straight to the trash. They're showing a complete lack of class there. £8m for gayle? By that logic Ulloa's worth £30m. Croydon scum.

Agree about our defense, Another CB is needed.

£15m for Ulloa and Bridcutt :D And as you well know we didn't pay £8m for Gayle.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
From the standard

Crystal Palace were today ordered to raise their bid for Liam Bridcutt to £2.5million after Brighton turned down an offer of £1.75m, plus add-ons, for the midfielder.
Brighton were not keen to sell the Scotland international, who began his career at Chelsea, and especially not to their fierce rivals. But Bridcutt, 24, is desperate to test himself in the Premier League.

Palace were also keen on Bridcutt’s Brighton team-mate Leonardo Ulloa.

Palace boss Ian Holloway wants to bolster his squad, with both Reading defender Adrian Mariappa and Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan, who is expected to sign for £700,000, due at the club’s Beckenham training ground today.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Seriously? My friend who goes to all villa games says he's one of the worst players they have EVER had.

That's what it says on the BBC transfer page. Maybe Wurzel has been reading Wiki:

Bannan's height and playing style have also led to Scotland team-mate Darren Fletcher comparing him to the likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Paul Scholes. The Manchester United midfielder stated that Bannan "is in the mould of the best midfielders in the world", and said "I'm talking about Xavi, Iniesta and Paul Scholes".[SUP][34][/SUP][SUP][35][/SUP] John Mullen, a football coach that taught Bannan as a youngster at St. Margaret's High School, said in 2010 that he was unsurprised at the success of the midfielder. He claimed that Bannan "had all the attributes you could ask for in a player", was "always motivated" and "gave a lot to the team".[SUP][36][/SUP]

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Palace are sending out a real message of intent by looking down the leagues for talent whilst their "quality" signings are journeymen and old gits.

albionite

May 20, 2009
From the standard

Crystal Palace were today ordered to raise their bid for Liam Bridcutt to £2.5million after Brighton turned down an offer of £1.75m, plus add-ons, for the midfielder.
Brighton were not keen to sell the Scotland international, who began his career at Chelsea, and especially not to their fierce rivals. But Bridcutt, 24, is desperate to test himself in the Premier League.

Palace boss Ian Holloway wants to bolster his squad, with both Reading defender Adrian Mariappa and Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan, who is expected to sign for £700,000, due at the club’s Beckenham training ground today.

Yes because 2.5m would do it :ffsparr:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
15m is a fair price and works out at 10 million for Leo, and 5 million for Liam.

I would be astounded if Palace would actually pay that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
From the standard

2.5 million still seems very very low.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here