Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton pride

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i disagree, the police manage to bend (excuse the pun) a lot of laws to fit their purpose, just take the anti terrorism laws for example.

I thought Edna come on here last year and explained this one? I thought that for something of this nature to be a crime...it first had to be reported by an offended person(s)...and all things considered be deemed offensive in the eyes of the officer?

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
the one thing that annoys me about pride is the local business' that suddenly become gay friendly for the weekend and hang a rainbow flag outside there shop/cafe/club/bar etc. I find that totally exploitatve as the other 51 weekends of the year they couldnt give a toss.

Yeah and as for them places that put up christmas trees every bloody December... - bet half of them haven't even seen the inside of a church for years...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah and as for them places that put up christmas trees every bloody December... - bet half of them haven't even seen the inside of a church for years...

but the chrismas tree, other than its name, has got sweet fa to do with religion or chirstianity. now if it was a nativity scene being put up you'd have a point. just accept that the tree, all the bunting and feasting is actually a simple mid-winter festival.

now back to the scheduled binnery.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Cant find a pair of leather trousers with the arse cut out anywhere so ile be giving it a miss,dont want to look out of place by turning up looking like im (normal).

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Homosexuals are menace when they congregate in large groups.

Also never really seen the point of pride? Spend all year demanding equality then have a day screaming and shouting about how they are different.

how do they manace you then ?? come on..explain !!!!

Jan 30, 2008
Do you accept that others are entitled to their opinions as well, even if they differ from your own, or are you the type who believes that everyone is entitled to your opinion and anyone daring to disagree is automatically wrong?
no not at all , i know some gays like to live a quiet life , but its the ones that have to throw it in your face ie pride , as was stated earlier how about straight pride in Brighton? some how i dont think us straights would bother ............ can't think why :rolleyes:

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
Whilst travelling in Thailand I have to admit to finding a ceratin Lady Boy rather gorgeous. Mind you at the time I did not Know what lurked down below. I would not mind seeing Ian Hart in a frock

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Brighton is gay friendly 365 days of the year. It doesnt need Pride, other cities which are less tolerant however do.

And no im not getting involved in the debate. Its been done elsewhere.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
A mate of mine gave the best arguement for Pride I've ever heard. He suggested that the good thing about gay events is that chavs, idiots and other morons who normally blight our lives run a mile. Keep the idiots at bay, invite a gay!

Spot on! If you don't agree with it or don't like it then stay in. The rest of us who just see it as a good excuse to have a good, fun day out can enjoy the day.

And this argument has been done to death, it is called PRIDE now, not gay pride. It is about being proud of your sexuality whatever that may be. Stop moaning about it and go and have a laugh people.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Brighton is gay friendly 365 days of the year. It doesnt need Pride, other cities which are less tolerant however do.
QUOTE]

That's the problem though isn't it mate? You could not do this in many other cities because of less liberal attitudes. Brighton should PRIDE (see what I did there) itself on the fact that it can be so accepting.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
A mate of mine gave the best arguement for Pride I've ever heard. He suggested that the good thing about gay events is that chavs, idiots and other morons who normally blight our lives run a mile. Keep the idiots at bay, invite a gay!

Interesting comment to make on a football site!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Interesting comment to make on a football site!

This is a football site? Bloody hell, you'd be hard pressed to notice sometimes. I think there are plenty of members with plenty of posts who have never mentioned football once in any of them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
This is a football site? Bloody hell, you'd be hard pressed to notice sometimes. I think there are plenty of members with plenty of posts who have never mentioned football once in any of them.

Quite a few are racking up the count on a thread about pride.

I have no problem with it at all, just thought the post was unintentionally quite funny bearing in mind the site. We can talk about football if you want mate.

It is just a bit V Festival now though isnt it. Very middle of the road for something that was once quite left field though eh. Perhaps that's no bad thing I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here