Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton in TROUBLE according to our friends up the road

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
In debt, but not that much. From the last accounts I think the company was in £53million poinds of debt which will no doubt increase on the next accounts due to the expenditure on the playing squad.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
BHA……£105m in debt
BHA…… 3rd Tier squad
BHA…. Wonky Warehouse Stadium ( Costing 3X more than it should have)
BHA..... Don't own their ground
BHA….. Struggling to sign the players needed
BHA…. Mugged for CMS… to the tune of £1.5m over the top
BHA....Bloom not as rich as you thought

Courtesy of those muppets at the end of the A23.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221572

I don't know about you lot, but I think this sounds like we have them seriously worried.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
If you read my previous posts, I've put your weakness to be at centre back as opposed to full back. Painter and especially Calderon are good.

Adam El-Abd I see to be a cumbersome, clumsy player who whilst strong in the tackle lacks real anticipation and an ability to read the game. Greer is a good leader but prone to the odd moment of madness.

Strong in defence in League 1 does not automatically entitle you to the same status in the Championship. Centre backs are also only as good as the centre midfielders in front of them who'll do their screening and picking up of loose balls - in Dicker and Bridcutt I think you fall short. For all of their ability on the ball, I think their defensive game lets them down which will leave your defence exposed and over-run.

out of interest when was the last time you saw El-Abd ? a couple of years ago you may have had a point (indeed before the Poyet arrival I much prefered him playing further up the pitch then the last line of defence) and the Greer point is fair enough - but such can be aimed at practically any defender of any club ever (and Keepers too)

and Dicker/Bridcutt aren't certain starters , I'm guessing the midfield will very much depend on who we are playing I guess , they could do OR they can give us the extra players to keep it tight and snatch it on the break (which in this league we'll DEFINITELY need to do).

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Right , so let's have a look at this then

BHA……£105m in debt WRONG (in debt but not by this much)
BHA…… 3rd Tier squad WRONG - carrying a few league one players still BUT we're playing with a Championship worthy squad last season
BHA…. Wonky Warehouse Stadium ( Costing 3X more than it should have) NOT SURE - not a clue how much something like this with all the nooks and crannies cost
BHA..... Don't own their ground WRONG
BHA….. Struggling to sign the players needed WRONG BUT it doesn't help that people are believing that pissing stupid "football rumours" Website
BHA…. Mugged for CMS… to the tune of £1.5m over the top WRONG as with everything like this it's a matter of opinion but the fact that other teams pushed us to the figure meant that we was sought after , depends how much he or any player means to a squad I guess
BHA....Bloom not as rich as you thought DEPENDS none of us really knew how much he was worth , in fact bar some guess at around (personal rather then business ) 50 million quid we STILL don't know how much he is worth.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i know for a fact, bloom is a billionare

not that it's mine (or in fact any of our) business , but I wonder how much of that is wrapped up in other business ventures.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
TB has *alot* of properties, as well as some large office complexes in London, Australia. As well as various business interests, so whilst he may not have millions sat in the bank, he can easily raise cash if needed. Combined wealth is probably in excess of a billion, but in reality only him and some of his close associates really know the true value....

I'm happy with that, knowing that he has funded transfers in the past, come up with the goods for the stadium meaning we are not paying interest on what was £90m and is now £105m has given us the best possible chance for the next 12 years.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
What's brilliant is that beyond the bluster and the bullshit, they're f***ing scared of us. The pisstake out of our stadium is predictable (it could've been the f***ing Nou Camp and they'd've taken the piss). The stuff about our players is fine, sure, a lot aren't 'proven', yet they seem to be missing the point and thinking Murray is? And you know what, they're probably right, we will have much harder games this season, and no, we didn't do that well against the top 4 in the league last year. But now we're the 'noisy neighbours' a la Man Utd/City, with a bit of money, a shiny new home and a few fans with billy big bollocks attitudes, they're scared, because they know how f***ing dire they've been the last few years and they've been able to ignore us and take it for granted they'd be higher than us in the pyramid all the time we were scratching around, occasionally flirting with the second tier whilst punching above our weight at the Withdean.

There are probably going to be a couple of occasions where we take a right battering this season, because the standard is much higher. But it's going to be a hell of a lot less batterings than their shower of shit will take, and whilst the vast majority of us would be more than happy with 14th (save a few who are IMO getting ahead of themselves thinking we'll shit the league and do a Norwich), they seem to think their '35 years in top 2 divs' gives them a divine right to finish above us. I look forward to teaching them a lesson, and watching their excuses come the end of the season. 2-0 Brighton at the Amex. 2-1 Brighton at Selhurst. Brighton 13th. Palace 20th.

"Forever in our shadow, one lucky season doesn't make a difference, mugged in both games, Poyet will be off soon, Dougie will turn it round, Murray's been unlucky with injuries, you're 10 minutes from administration..." blah blah blah ad nauseum ad infinitum. Wankers.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

GREAT POST MATE

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I take your point that the stadium provides a strong selling point for your club. But as for on the pitch itself? It counts for nothing, Palace could play Brighton on a park pitch (Selhurst Park, I hear you predictably cry!). I can see why you're optimistic, I would be in your shoes but the Championship isn't a league to be taken lightly - many a club in your position have come up and fallen straight back through the trap door, for every Norwich fairytale there are the far more plentiful Scunthorpe and Peterborough horror stories.

Your signings? Meh. I think you've overpaid for Buckley and Mackail-Smith at this moment in time but if they combine to get you hatfuls of goals then it's money well spent, similarly with Hoskins who has been in this league and been diabolical, though perhaps a few seasons at League 1 has made him a better player - time will tell. You do, in my opinion, come up short in terms of quality and Championship experience at centre mid and at centre back and without adequate players (and cover) in such crucial areas, it could prove to be your downfall, no matter how many goals you might score. But there are many weeks until the window shuts.

I'm certainly not taking you lightly. We can crow all we like about getting Murray off you on a free but his lack of experience is a worry, as is his attitude which I understand can be questionable. We've the experience of this division as we keep on telling you which counts for a lot. As I said, roll on 27th September when bragging rights can be rightfully obtained as opposed to the pie in the sky talking from both sides.

Shock horror breaking news a palarse fan with dare i say it a brain????

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Palace CHUMPS. Come back and tell us we are over spending once you have seen our accounts and factor in that there will be an initial investment to bridge the gap between the two leagues and hang on to Gus Poyet.

CMS will be an over expensive flop if he fails to return the goods within his four year contract. We don't know. Your Aunties crystal ball doesn't know. Let's not embarass ourselves with talk of admin when you have no idea what Bloom is worth and what our new ground brings to us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I look forward to ... watching their excuses come the end of the season. 2-0 Brighton at the Amex. 2-1 Brighton at Selhurst. Brighton 13th. Palace 20th.

"Forever in our shadow, one lucky season doesn't make a difference, mugged in both games, Poyet will be off soon, Dougie will turn it round, Murray's been unlucky with injuries, you're 10 minutes from administration..." blah blah blah ad nauseum ad infinitum. Wankers.
This is going to get bumped

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here