Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton in TROUBLE according to our friends up the road

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
dont obviously want to get into details, but a family relative has been on a few dinners with him as part of his buisness, and told me

I AM related to him, and have no fecking clue how much he is worth. Was speaking to a family member 3 or 4 months ago, who is writing a book on the family. Apparently the family is divided into
haves and have nots.....doesnt need a genius to figure out which half of the family im in. My mother has met him several times, and keeps banging on about how nice he is though, and how he always makes sure she's looked after when she is in his vicinity....I think my mother is cousin of his gran.

Last edited:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
See Palace wanted Vincelot....why, I wonder< did they not get him?

Seagull on the wing

This was never confirmed by anyone at the club, only Sky Sports said we considered a bid. We have more than enough options at centre midfield, as you know it was you that was after our 5th choice in Garvan!

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Seagull on the wing

This was never confirmed by anyone at the club, only Sky Sports said we considered a bid. We have more than enough options at centre midfield, as you know it was you that was after our 5th choice in Garvan!
whats the point in moving down here to bolster our bench? might aswell stay where he is, im sure has a nice cushion to sit on

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Seagull on the wing

How is your options for centre back going, it seems you are giving trials to anyone with a pair of boots to play along side of the only one you have.

SkankieBiscuit

Nov 2, 2009
Well if this is obviously a true fact then i am outta here!

Anyone want to buy my season ticket???? Must sell before the ship sinks!!!

I'm off to be a wonderful Palace fan!! :tosser:

They have the best facilities in the league if I am not wrong!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
An independant view on the prospects of both clubs for the new season

Ladbrokes Plc.

West Ham 9/2 Susp.
Leicester 9/2 Susp.
Middlesbrough 12/1 Susp.
Birmingham 12/1 Susp.
Reading 12/1 Susp.
Nottingham Forest 12/1 Susp.
Southampton 16/1 Susp.
Ipswich 16/1 Susp.
Cardiff 16/1 Susp.
Leeds 16/1 Susp.
****Brighton 16/1 Susp.
Hull 20/1 Susp.
Blackpool 20/1 Susp.
Burnley 20/1 Susp.
Millwall 33/1 Susp.
Portsmouth 33/1 Susp.
Bristol City 40/1 Susp.
Derby 40/1 Susp.
Coventry 66/1 Susp.
Watford 80/1 Susp.
Peterborough 80/1 Susp.
****Crystal Palace 80/1 Susp.
Barnsley 80/1 Susp.
Doncaster 100/1 Susp.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its very sad. To describe the Amex Stadium as a wonly warehouse stadium is so ridiculous its not possible to take anything on the thread seriously after that.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
As a Pilarse bloke said to me "Aren't you worried, this rich bloke turning up from nowhere, is it even his cash?" When I explained the long established family links to the club and a little about TB he just shrugged and said "Well you would say that", unbelievable ...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As a Pilarse bloke said to me "Aren't you worried, this rich bloke turning up from nowhere, is it even his cash?" When I explained the long established family links to the club and a little about TB he just shrugged and said "Well you would say that", unbelievable ...

Let them think whatever the hell they want-we know the true situation surrounding TB.

No businessman is going to build a stadium costing over £105 Million, knowing that he cannot sell it as anything other than a football stadium, if he had any intentions of walking away from the club. Especially as the funding is unsecured and at best he'd walk away with a big piece of paper listing his share options. Said businessman also would not be spending huge amounts of money on the playing staff if he didn't intend sticking around.

They will find out soon enough about the revolution that is sweeping through The Albion-in the meantime, let them think and say whatever they want. They can come on here acting like gobshites but that does not change the fact that we are in the process of hauling them in and pissing past them very soon. They are not enjoying things one little bit and to see their ill-informed, Billy Big Bollocks blustering is a joy to behold.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
They seem to question Bloom's worth whilst stating that two of their Chairmen are billionaires despite all available evidence saying that all 4 of them are worth approximately 100m each. I wouldn't want to debate their worth as I haven't a clue and have no interest in finding out otherwise but there's a large amount of hypocrisy going on. Also, it's all good if they are billionaires but it doesn't mean that they want to spend that money on the club, as their lack of investment in their training faclility (with the supporters trust trying to find the 5m fund from fans) and Ground (with sale of existing ground required to fund development) would seem to highlight. Bloom has clearly shown willing to invest in our Club for the better.

I'm sure they will come on here and state that they are being run prudantly but surely if the owners are billionaires and they are life-long fans as suggested then they would be prepared to stump up a little bit of cash to put them on their way in terms of training ground and stadium proposals.

Seagull1967

Aug 8, 2009
Barnsley
All this speculation about who has the better team only time will tell by the end of April 2012.

TB's accountant is probably the only person who knows how much TB is worth!!

As long as live within our means and we make progress by staying in the Championship then we are moving in the right direction. There is no point in saying what we are going to do to other teams, we have to be realistic and remember we are a small fish in a big pond. We have no competed successfully in this league for a long time so let's not big ourselves up otherwise we are going to lose credibility in the eyes of other teams and for what? To boost our own egos?

A lot of these teams have provided us support, (to some small degree our closest rival), when we needed it most, (FANS United day), and there are a number of challenges for football in the future, (sadly some clubs will disappear). Let us treat rivals with some respect and if they do not treat us the same way, then don't rise to the bait.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
How can they slag off our stadium when their's sits in a shit pit on a supermarket car park. Gotta love them tho. Suprised they have'nt yet sold the naming rights of smellhurst park..... Could just see it now...... The Lidl Stadium :wanker:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
All this speculation about who has the better team only time will tell by the end of April 2012.

As long as live within our means and we make progress by staying in the Championship then we are moving in the right direction. There is no point in saying what we are going to do to other teams, we have to be realistic and remember we are a small fish in a big pond. We have no competed successfully in this league for a long time so let's not big ourselves up otherwise we are going to lose credibility in the eyes of other teams and for what? To boost our own egos?

A lot of these teams have provided us support, (to some small degree our closest rival), when we needed it most, (FANS United day), and there are a number of challenges for football in the future, (sadly some clubs will disappear). Let us treat rivals with some respect and if they do not treat us the same way, then don't rise to the bait.

Good post, agreed.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
An independant view on the prospects of both clubs for the new season

Ladbrokes Plc.

West Ham 9/2 Susp.
Leicester 9/2 Susp.
Middlesbrough 12/1 Susp.
Birmingham 12/1 Susp.
Reading 12/1 Susp.
Nottingham Forest 12/1 Susp.
Southampton 16/1 Susp.
Ipswich 16/1 Susp.
Cardiff 16/1 Susp.
Leeds 16/1 Susp.
****Brighton 16/1 Susp.
Hull 20/1 Susp.
Blackpool 20/1 Susp.
Burnley 20/1 Susp.
Millwall 33/1 Susp.
Portsmouth 33/1 Susp.
Bristol City 40/1 Susp.
Derby 40/1 Susp.
Coventry 66/1 Susp.
Watford 80/1 Susp.
Peterborough 80/1 Susp.
****Crystal Palace 80/1 Susp.
Barnsley 80/1 Susp.
Doncaster 100/1 Susp.

If the league finished like that next year I'd be perfectly happy. Realistic, IMHO.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I think most Albion fans are ready to acknowledge the support we received from fans of other clubs. What rankles is the Palace gob shites who come on here, spouting a load of bollocks about things they know sod all about. They are, in my eyes, fair game to have the piss ripped out of them on here when all they want to do is wind Albion fans up. None of us know if GP and TB have made the correct decisions when it comes to players so we'd be premature predicting a finish above the red and blue shite. What we do know is that no matter how much bluster they spout on here, we ARE hauling them in and we WILL be pissing past them very soon. The playing side may take a little longer than we would all like but in every other aspect of running and developing a football club, we are so far ahead I almost feel sorry for them. For so long they've taken the piss, ignoring the Withdean factor all the while they were basically stealing from their suppliers and creditors. If any of their dimwits actually took the trouble to see what has been going on at The Albion recently they'd probably keep their ill-informed gobs shut. As for treating rivals with respect-respect is earned and fans of the red and blue shite are in no way deserving of any respect all the while they come on here spouting the crap they do about things they know nothing about.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here