Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton in Crap Towns II - do they have a point?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
All the weird people in Brighton make it what it is.

You can walk through Brighton looking like anything, or wearing anything and no one bats an eyelid.

If you did that in some towns you'd get the :censored: kicked out of you.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Thats not a good thing though!

Wow we live in a city full of all the low-lifes and freaks this country has to offer and we should be proud of that,Is that what your saying?

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
All of the entries in Crap Towns tend to feature at least two of the following:

Not enough pubs to get drunk in
Too many drunk people
Chav kids who wear baseball caps
Crime
Not enough things in the town that interest the person writing the feature
Old people
The writer of the piece grew up in the town

Once you get past the first couple of entries you soon realise that they're all basically the same. It gets less and less amusing with each read so I think they're pushing their luck by doing another one, especially if it features places already in the first book. I really dislike the snide, sneering tone that pervades the book.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Not true

A place is what you make it. I lived for nearly 3 years in Bingley (3 miles from Bradford) and if you want a cheap, good nite out with friends, then Bradford is fine, alot better than other places I could mention (Coventry, Grimsby, Middlesboro, Colchester etc)

Far enough Bradford is not the most beautiful of places, but to describe it as the No1 Hellhole is not true

Plus the best curry houses in England!!!!!!

Bingley is about the only area of Bradford that is acceptable. It was a separate village until the 1950's though because it is so far out of the centre. Much the same way as Rottingdean.

You may have seen the city centre and Bingley but there are places in Bradford that are unfit to live in.

Oct 25, 2003
on the way to a school trip up in malham we had to drive through bradford, parts of it reminded me of coventry, also, there seemed to be a blatent racial divide, where once you got past a certain point, there wasn't a white person in sight, but before that it was 100% white- weird:glare:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
tommy boy 86 said:
on the way to a school trip up in malham we had to drive through bradford, parts of it reminded me of coventry, also, there seemed to be a blatent racial divide, where once you got past a certain point, there wasn't a white person in sight, but before that it was 100% white- weird:glare:

Which explains the riots a few years back.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
tommy boy 86 said:
we should be proud of the fact that we accept them

Whats with the WE......?

I dont accept them @ all...They should all fcuk off back to the freak caves they crawled from!

These people are half the reason this town is so expensive for everything...Houses,Food,Council tax.......Its a popular place and thats what makes it expensive....

So the plan is: attack everyone who is not normal and isnt from brighton and kick them out...All these one-armed lesbians crawlin the streets and 3 eyed gypsies can get the hell outta here and lets start paying a decent fair price for everything.

people to kick out.

1) Any welsh
2) Gays
3) Immagrants
4) Palace fans

Then we might have a decent city to call home!

Rant over.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
On the Left Wing said:
I bought Crap Towns 1 for my daughter at Christmas to help her decide where NOT to go to Uni!

Found out that I had lived in at least four of the crappest towns ....

I lgo to uni in Hull and can tell you its great for students.,
Thing is, because it is a poor city, the students not only have cheaper rent etc but also have more disposable income then most locals, meaning the students live in nicer areas. Whereas in cities like Bristol and Nottingham students are at the bottom end of the financial spectrum so get put in the shitty estates.
For students I would definitely come to Hull, Ive been to at least ten other unis visiting friends and none are anywhere near as good.

Oct 25, 2003
byf said:
Whats with the WE......?

I dont accept them @ all...They should all fcuk off back to the freak caves they crawled from!

These people are half the reason this town is so expensive for everything...Houses,Food,Council tax.......Its a popular place and thats what makes it expensive....

So the plan is: attack everyone who is not normal and isnt from brighton and kick them out...All these one-armed lesbians crawlin the streets and 3 eyed gypsies can get the hell outta here and lets start paying a decent fair price for everything.

people to kick out.

1) Any welsh
2) Gays
3) Immagrants
4) Palace fans

Then we might have a decent city to call home!

Rant over.

:lolol: :lolol:
i'm doing urban regeneration for my geography AS courswork, i might use a few of your ideas, see where it gets me

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
You may have seen the city centre and Bingley but there are places in Bradford that are unfit to live in.

Yorkie, I wasn't that blinkered, I did have friends that lived in pretty shitty areas (just off Manningham Road) so I am aware that parts of Bradford are crap!!

That said, there are crap areas in every decent town/ city.......dare I mentioned Whitehawk or Moulsecomb :(

Just don't think Bradford deserves the slating it is getting today on NSC

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Yorkie, I wasn't that blinkered, I did have friends that lived in pretty shitty areas (just off Manningham Road) so I am aware that parts of Bradford are crap!!

That said, there are crap areas in every decent town/ city.......dare I mentioned Whitehawk or Moulsecomb :(

Just don't think Bradford deserves the slating it is getting today on NSC

My Mum lived in Birdham Rd Moulsecomb for 5 years before being able to move out.

Yes Bradford has a lot worse areas than those. I worked there when the Leeds office closed.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
byf said:
So the plan is: attack everyone who is not normal and isnt from brighton and kick them out...All these one-armed lesbians crawlin the streets and 3 eyed gypsies can get the hell outta here

byf, how many one-armed lesbians have you see in Brighton??!!!!!

BTW, went to a lesbian night at a club (Envy, near The Escape) couple of months ago, and although there were a few minging "rugby prop forward" looking women, there were loads of incredibly fit women......mores the pity they didn't like men!!

Oct 25, 2003
do you know a place called Settle yorkie? we went to the quarry near there, and did a little survey in the town, the only people about were a bunch of kids bunking school outside the nearest convenience store, i think they called us "gaylords" about 10 times:lolol: now that place was a shithole

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bradford isnt as bad as everyone makes out. Every city has rough areas, the estate I live about ten minutes from in Hull got worse crime figures for last year then Moss Side, but where I live is still great to be a student.
My worst place? easy peasy

STOKE

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
Yes Bradford has a lot worse areas than those. I worked there when the Leeds office closed.

But the WORST place in England? Surely not.....Rather Bradford than Grimsby or Scunthorpe anyday of the week, thank you very much. Just have to agree to disagree on this one Yorkie!

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Every city has rough areas, the estate I live about ten minutes from in Hull got worse crime figures for last year then Moss Side

Orchard Park or Bransholme young Ritchie?!!

Best mate is from Hull, so careful what you say!!!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
byf, how many one-armed lesbians have you see in Brighton??!!!!!

BTW, went to a lesbian night at a club (Envy, near The Escape) couple of months ago, and although there were a few minging "rugby prop forward" looking women, there were loads of incredibly fit women......mores the pity they didn't like men!!

Dancin ive seen loads....Do you not go to the one armed lesbian club night @ Creation??

I dj there for it...The amount of smashed glasses when there gf says...Hold my drink!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here