Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Watford ***** Official Match Thread *****

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Very handy player to keep,bit of a liability defending but is useful going forward and knows where the goal is:)

It helps with the service...

Great noise now as Calde volleys in after his own initial blast was blocked. Exquiste pass by Dicker to release him

:jester:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I hope we turn tonights game around but the trend is not what anyone expected given our form between Xmas and Easter. I could understand Gus doing the squad rotation thing especially if we had a list of injuries but when he brings in Lge 1 standard players who have already been exposed in the Championship it is risking all the good work done earlier in the season and cannot be good for morale. Plus it must give the opposition a boost to see players like Vicente not starting.

I know it was a different era but when we came up from the old 3rd Div and were then fighting for promotion from the 2nd I don't recall Mullers not playing the strongest team available and certainly not stick with it following a run of poor performances (not that there were many). In those days everyone knew what our strongest team was - and funnily enough thats what the manager picked, unless there were injuries.

I know that dissenters on here get flamed for not trusting in Gus and do recognise that he knows more about footie than most NSC members put together but at some point it has to be said that he has a stubborn streak that sometimes defies logic.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The crowd have awoken, we can get something from this game... Keep the faith.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hope we turn tonights game around but the trend is not what anyone expected given our form between Xmas and Easter. I could understand Gus doing the squad rotation thing especially if we had a list of injuries but when he brings in Lge 1 standard players who have already been exposed in the Championship it is risking all the good work done earlier in the season and cannot be good for morale. Plus it must give the opposition a boost to see players like Vicente not starting.

I know it was a different era but when we came up from the old 3rd Div and were then fighting for promotion from the 2nd I don't recall Mullers not playing the strongest team available and certainly not stick with it following a run of poor performances (not that there were many). In those days everyone knew what our strongest team was - and funnily enough thats what the manager picked, unless there were injuries.

I know that dissenters on here get flamed for not trusting in Gus and do recognise that he knows more about footie than most NSC members put together but at some point it has to be said that he has a stubborn streak that sometimes defies logic.

Perhaps (like the bookmakers odds) he knew the game was up re promotion, so gave a last chance to Dicker, Painter & Co ... and his suspicions that they're not up to it have been confirmed. Assists with the summer ins and outs.

In 1978 and 1979 we had a massive chance of promotion throughout every fixtures of those 2 run ins, with top flight class in the team (Lawrenson, Horton etc).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here