Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
As for my own assessment, glanced on here at half-time expecting soaking wet sheets and naturally that was the case.

We weren’t great (but nowhere near as bad as the usual suspects were making out) - but the game was wide open and we had lost the midfield, essentially.

Joe Hart (who knew he’d make such a good pundit?! Some really good insight) summed it up perfectly on MOTD2. We were basically a yard off the whole time, right down to the goalkeeping.

Pervis’s introduction changed the game, no question in my mind. An excellent substitution.

Objective fans could see we had a couple of good chances, but realistically could’ve been a few goals further down.

What we did in the second half was won the mental fight, a fight we were losing heavily with several knockdowns in the first half.

Mitoma was outstanding all game.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Obviously none of these people should be allowed anywhere near small children or any sharp objects. And watching this is the modern equivalent of that Victorian pastime of going to watch the “antics” of the poor inmates of Bedlam for entertainment. But MAN, such fun. Superb stuff.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Joe Hart (who knew he’d make such a good pundit?! Some really good insight) summed it up perfectly on MOTD2. We were basically a yard off the whole time, right down to the goalkeeping.
Likewise - I've been really impressed by Joe Hart. An ex-player who really does give fascinating insight....unlike probably 90% of them, who seem to have less insight than me!

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Likewise - I've been really impressed by Joe Hart. An ex-player who really does give fascinating insight....unlike probably 90% of them, who seem to have less insight than me!
Shay Given is also quite good. Maybe it's because goalie thing as they spend most of the game watching the game in front of them and can see the positioning and movement of players.
The other 10 are too involved to see the big picture.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Shay Given is also quite good. Maybe it's because goalie thing as they spend most of the game watching the game in front of them and can see the positioning and movement of players.
The other 10 are too involved to see the big picture.
And maybe repeatedly heading a football isn’t great for the little grey cells either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here