Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Swindon Town *** Official Match Thread ***

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
what another great result, again heart stopped a few times. just to think at the beginning of the season Gus said with the players we have maybe a top ten finish and maybe just maybe in the play-offs.....happy days

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I don't think Sandaza had a terrible game today.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Question have to be asked about Swindon - if they can play like that why the hell are they near the bottom. They played us at our own game and it nearly worked. Very much a smash and grab win but I'm more than happy to run away with the 3 points

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Credit to Swindon they looked one of the better teams we have played although lacked a cutting edge I thought. Prutton is class.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
what another great result, again heart stopped a few times. just to think at the beginning of the season Gus said with the players we have maybe a top ten finish and maybe just maybe in the play-offs.....happy days

wasn't there a Gus soundbite along the lines of "we don't have the best players but we may well have the best team"?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Back home for next weekend - I shall miss being one of this season's exiles but that's it until the start of next season. Saturday afternoons have a fantastic international flavour. I really enjoy it but at least the compensation is that I shall be able to attend the games at Walsall and Notts County

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's getting annoying managers talking so much rubbish, before and after games. Maybe they think they can pull the wool over their fans eyes when they play the best team in the league?

But, whatever.

I don't really put this in the same category as games like Tranmere and Notts County because Swindon, to givem some credit, did not do what those sides did and simply put 10 at least behind the ball at all times. In that perspective it was a slightly patchy performance from us. But still a deserved win. :clap:

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
was pruttons goal a deflection/shit goalkeeping, was hard to see..

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
You asking me? I didnt know he scored until he came running towards us

haha shows how shit the ground is, i couldnt even see from the north stand, plus half the people started celebrating the 2nd dicker penalty :dunce:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Just noticed that Brighton have a better GD than anyone in the Championship -- but only half that of the teams at the top of the Premiership.

Parity in the EPL is a joke.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
also nice to see kuipers and tunnicliffe about.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Brighton's goal difference is better than every premiership team...
Or maybe I've misunderstood your comment?
:blush: Oops...

The two charts had the columns in different order -- points, GD in one, and GD, points in the other.

And to think I light students up for similar on a daily basis.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
another penalty

from my spot in the East stand the 2nd penalty was frankly an embarrassing decision by the ref, no wonder Swindon were so incensed. The penalty kick almost seemed in slow motion, like the keeper dive, landed on the floor, then the ball hit him. weired. First class from Murray to win it (again), great movement and work rate from him today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here