Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Swindon Town *** Official Match Thread ***

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Let's see if I can keep my 100% record for this...

At Brighton (league only)
Brighton wins - 25
Swindon wins - 12
Draws - 13
Brighton goals - 93
Swindon goals - 58

League Results (last 10 years)
English League One

13.03.2010 Brighton 0-1 Swindon
11.04.2009 Brighton 2-3 Swindon
22.03.2008 Brighton 2-1 Swindon
English Division Two
06.09.2003 Brighton 2-2 Swindon
13.04.2002 Brighton 0-0 Swindon

At home we've won the last 8, unbeaten in 18.
Swindon drew their last game at Huddersfield, but lost their previous 7 away from SN1.

Never mind the last 2 meetings at Withdean, with Swindon firmly rooted in the relegation zone (they would be bottom had it not been for Plymouth's points deduction), I can see them going home with their tales firmly between their legs.

3-0

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bloody dreadful thread title. Way way too early, no team news, no official details, local weather forecast. Bloody disaster. Gus may as well stay in bed tomorrow morning.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
5-0, Murray 2, Bennett, Greer, Agdestein. Sorted.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think I might make a mistake in my pants if Adgestein came on and netted one. I'll be the ginger one in J block looking a bit too happy.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
It would certainly be nice to see him come on and make his debut

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Let's see if I can keep my 100% record for this...

At Brighton (league only)
Brighton wins - 25
Swindon wins - 12
Draws - 13
Brighton goals - 93
Swindon goals - 58

League Results (last 10 years)
English League One

13.03.2010 Brighton 0-1 Swindon
11.04.2009 Brighton 2-3 Swindon
22.03.2008 Brighton 2-1 Swindon
English Division Two
06.09.2003 Brighton 2-2 Swindon
13.04.2002 Brighton 0-0 Swindon

At home we've won the last 8, unbeaten in 18.
Swindon drew their last game at Huddersfield, but lost their previous 7 away from SN1.

Never mind the last 2 meetings at Withdean, with Swindon firmly rooted in the relegation zone (they would be bottom had it not been for Plymouth's points deduction), I can see them going home with their tales firmly between their legs.

3-0

I swear they were in League 2 in 2009?!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So we have a top referee for a change so hopefully we won't notice him. I expect an ultra cautious Swindon looking for a point however if we score early it could be a grand day.

Got 1-0 written all over it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
With Hart saying that he is going to pack his defence and midfield and hope for something on the break I wonder if Gus is planning anything new from us? Maybe start with Bennett and Noone to try to get some passing and movement out wide and stretch them a bit?

I hope Sandaza starts. I think he has earned a decent chance and talk of casting him aside for Agdestein seems a bit premature to me given Fran's strike record (not to mention creating the chance for the winner against Carlisle). Plenty of time for youth when the points we need are secured. That said I wouldn't be surprised to see Barnes involved today - all the talk from Gus about "playing through pain" seems to be paving the way for his inclusion. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Navs play a part today. Bridcutt has been a real bonus this season and I am a big fan but I think "fatnav" has the experience and the ability to find a crucial pass against a packed defence and might be worth a try towards the end of the game if we are struggling to find some space to play.

Looking forward to today although I hate early kick-offs...........just doesn't feel right :)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Looking at this seasons unbeaten run at home, what is the longest spell of consecutive league home games the club have gone without tasting defeat?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I like this thread.

5 - 0

2 for Muzza, 2 for Sandy and 1 for Bennett

:albion1:

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Sorry to break the mould, but...

I think this may well be the fixture that ends our undefeated league record at Withdean this season.

A few key players out, many tired players after a gruelling (but brilliant) month and a Swindon side who are far more desperate for the points than we are.

It's no big deal though, especially seeing we're the only team in the top seven who haven't dropped points in the past week.

1-2 :down:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
To me it is all on a knife-edge. Score in the first 20 minutes and we will be fine. Longer than that then Swindon will settle and their chances of getting something will improve. Noone is the man this afternoon - again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here