Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I have not had a huge issue with most of the VAR so far. It has been pretty accurate - mostly the rules are just not right for VAR, like the offside for example and need updating to take into account VAR.
Other times I can see why they give something on VAR, even if I don't agree with it, you can see the argument. But today, well, it's just outside the box - how you can say anything else is mad.

Its only outside the box if that is the foul being judged. However if a ref/VAR thinks that isnt a foul but thinks the second one is, then its a penalty

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Its only outside the box if that is the foul being judged. However if a ref/VAR thinks that isnt a foul but thinks the second one is, then its a penalty

But it was a foul (hence why it was given) and the only one that should’ve been reviewed.

The second contact in the box (or maybe still outside) was the Southampton players leg going into the back of March’s.

Absolutely ridiculous to give a penalty for a foul that was blatantly outside the box.

It’s as if they are looking for penalties, rather than the right decision.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
You can when they had time to watch the replays and take a considered decision about it. They watched it multiple times and from multiple angles, the only way you get it wrong is deliberately.

Is this a reference to a certain Peter Bankes being given the task of VAR referee for the game ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here