Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
****ing hell Graham, don't be so accepting, you've just been robbed FFS.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
The whole world know it’s not a pen like I said reffing has become corrupt to much money involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Log off and come back tomorrow. Of course there’s so much corruption towards giants of the game Southampton :shrug::shrug::yawn:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Weird though Gross was one of the better ones tonight, played some good balls but needs energy around him

Gross had a good game tonight imo. Lots of players I’d single out for criticism before him on that absolute meek and shite second half performance and Potter carries the can for not motivating them at the break.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
if they are that bad who would buy them? However, i do agree Connolly seems to be getting WORSE rather than better.

Connolly needs to go out on loan but after being a regular in a PL squad he can't go to the Championship. The Bundesliga maybe, Brexit permitting?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Outplayed after the break, need got any flow going, bossed...

Really despise VAR win or lose

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Don't know about you lot, but I'm edging closer to the football exit. Season ticket, Sky, the lot. I hate VAR and the current football culture (diving, "drawing fouls" etc) with a ****ing passion.

And my 12 y.o is with me.

If i had something else to fill the time I'd give it up tomorrow. TBH I wanted to when we went up, but got hooked back in. Thing is, everything I feared back then has become a reality PLUS VAR.
Football is in danger of becoming a totally different 'sport'. And it won't suffer from it, it's an international phenomenon. But it will lose older supporters.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The none penalty masked the performance

There is absolutely no reason why we need to play White in CM, the pairing of Biss and Alzate worked.

I’m starting to wonder whether he sees White as someone who can’t be dropped. If Webster, Dunk, White and Veltman were (and that’s a big if) all playing well he needs to make a decision and put one of them on the bench.

We are lacking significant creatively in the middle with White playing there. Maybe there’s a case against Liverpool / City etc but we haven’t won at home since Arsenal. It frustrates me that Potter clearly cannot this as an issue.

We won’t learn anything new from tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Connolly needs to go out on loan but after being a regular in a PL squad he can't go to the Championship. The Bundesliga maybe, Brexit permitting?

I’m sure Bayern Munich are licking their lips.
Footballing-wise, Connolly is strong in every department, except the ones that matter.
He’s an average championship player at best.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sometimes in the Premier League you will get beaten by a team who plays better than you on account of the quality of teams in the Premier League. When you struggle to find an Albion player who had a good game, that's a bit of a sign that you were outplayed. As long as it doesn't happen regularly.

Frustrating when you know we are capable of far better but a simple fact of life. I'll have a nightcap and find something to lick and then get off to my nice dry bed :wink:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
If i had something else to fill the time I'd give it up tomorrow. TBH I wanted to when we went up, but got hooked back in. Thing is, everything I feared back then has become a reality PLUS VAR.
Football is in danger of becoming a totally different 'sport'. And it won't suffer from it, it's an international phenomenon. But it will lose older supporters.

Will it actually, though?

I do know what you mean, and I really feel the same - I'm totally sick of VAR ruining nearly every game (although we deserved to lose tonight anyway), I'm bored of all the theatrics from so many players which is forever increasing as they realise VAR gives bloody anything these days, yet here I am still, discussing the game... I've got a wife and young child too so not like I've got nothing else going on... Arghhh...

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
This squad is not good enough for this level, going to be a long hard season
We are a soft team. We sold / loaned out many of our experienced players and we have a knack of conceding almost every time we face a shot on target. Pretty football is one thing, but GP keeps on about LEARNING.....
Well I’d very much like to see what he has learned from making us a mirror image of Swansea’s shocking defending at set pieces when he was in charge..

Simply not good enough and unless things change both ends of the pitch we are in for a long winter

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Been saying this for a year. We can't just experiment with him like this. He is so inconsistent. How is going to improve? Has he improved?
He needs to be playing regularly at a level he can excel at, but now he has a new house and new expectations. I'd say a second tier European league would be ideal.
(TBH, same for Molumby and, shockingly, Alzate- these guys need to play)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here