Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Enjoyable, but annoying first half. We've had a lot of nice, intricate play against a lump it up to the one trick ponys. Forest could be a good side if they didn't read into the Pulis rule of anti football. We've got more goals in us if we keep it on the floor, as the ones in red are still looking up to the sky for the ball

Alex BH

Apr 16, 2013
I'm amazed but delighted we're winning at H/T.

We can't underestimate Mitoma's role in that 2nd goal. His driving runs help the team so much.

Weiffer needs to come on for Baleba. It's his height, professionalism, and positional sense V a potential yellow for Baleba. We don't need him charging around in the second half.
I agree. Baleba is still quite raw and can be brilliant one minute and woeful the next.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
This is from the guardian minute by minute match report:

Half-time: Brighton 2-1 Nottingham Forest

Brighton were scrabbling in the dirt, clueless. Forest were excellent, in command. Then came that fine header from Jack Hinshelwood, and that wonderful free-kick from Danny Welbeck. That’s football, and that’s the talent Brighton have.

Is it me or is that a mad reading of the game? What I've seen is Forest offer nothing - one attack, a soft penalty to take the lead and then just defending. Admittedly pretty solid defending, but...

We might not have been all that great so far but we've been better, no?

Is Hinshelwood the Ward-Prowse of heading?

Although they were dangerous on the break, we were the better team throughout the half. Some of attacking play was scintillating.

Re. Hinsh. I vote yes. His all round technical ability is just top notch, isn't it? I think he might make it as a footballer @dwayne

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I hope he still gets into them because the first 40 minutes was not good enough. Very sloppy. Great that we turned it around but we can't play the second half like most of that
Damn right, they are being frustrated as that's what teams ate going to do against us and we have to adapt.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Nope they’ve looked dangerous constantly testing our offside line - they have really good wingers
Have they? Watching on tv I've not been that bothered by their testing of our offside line. To me they've looked less dangerous than any of our opponents so far this season.

Are you at the game? Maybe tv hides some of the threat? Or maybe I'm just really tired!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here