Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That was our fourth direct free kick goal since promotion, all by different players.

Pascal, Ali Mac, Dunky and Welbz with one each.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
From BBC text commentary:
"Brighton have scored four free-kick goals in the Premier League era, all by different players.
The others were Pascal Gross, Alexis Mac Allister and... Lewis Dunk.
Everyone else surprised to find out Gross only scored the same amount of free-kicks as Dunk?"
Nope. Our free kicks have generally been atrocious for as long as I can remember

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Really enjoying this, what a turnaround after such a dodgy call. Not sure I get the negativity on how we are playing, but opinions and all that.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Up to 4th place 🤞

We looked a different team once Hinsh scored. But a half dominated by disorganised chaos and frustration at times.

Notts playing really well but hopefully two really brilliant goals from Hinsh and Danny has changed the dynamic and we’ll consolidate our lead in the second half.

Baleba needs to come off - far too agitated - Danny too as he was moving awkwardly and looked like he may have been in pain going into the tunnel. Perhaps a groin strain from that free kick ( or the celebratory scissor leap afterwards!)

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This is from the guardian minute by minute match report:

Half-time: Brighton 2-1 Nottingham Forest

Brighton were scrabbling in the dirt, clueless. Forest were excellent, in command. Then came that fine header from Jack Hinshelwood, and that wonderful free-kick from Danny Welbeck. That’s football, and that’s the talent Brighton have.

Is it me or is that a mad reading of the game? What I've seen is Forest offer nothing - one attack, a soft penalty to take the lead and then just defending. Admittedly pretty solid defending, but...

We might not have been all that great so far but we've been better, no?

Is Hinshelwood the Ward-Prowse of heading?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here