Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Where is our Knockaert or Izquidero or LuaLua? We have no one who can change a game, actually we do but he’s a right back.
We could have done a lot worse than throw the young lad Sarmiento on, we desperately need a forward player who can cause havoc by just taking players on, it’s all too ‘safe’ IMO.

Yeah, poor subs today I thought. Gave up thinking we could still win when Webster came on for Lamptey. Still, you win some, you lose some as a manager. Potter's done well in that sense overall, but really must get the lads moving the ball much quicker against low block teams. Today was a painful watch, so little created.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
What banner? (genuinely)

7e979e518b0b6efcc89d9c5097d951c7.jpg

Came out after the game.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
No wonder our possession stats are high. Even in 1st half when we dominated we spent first 15mins just passing ball around at back. Appreciate copying a great Man City side but Potter please note players further forward make themselves available and ball is in attacking half within 3/4 passes

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No wonder our possession stats are high. Even in 1st half when we dominated we spent first 15mins just passing ball around at back. Appreciate copying a great Man City side but Potter please note players further forward make themselves available and ball is in attacking half within 3/4 passes
Man city don't fanny around at the back though. Their possession has a purpose and they pass it about 3x faster than us. At some point we have to concede we don't have good enough players to emulate everything they do, no shame in that. We just have to adapt.

It's absolutely infuriating when players talk about sticking to our principles and process after a game (Bruno as well). If the principles and process are just not working at times it's stupid to stick to them.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You pay quite a bit to sit there…bring your Brighton And Hove Albion blanket with you…settle down ..look forward to cheering the lads on and then some smug chap from the opposition with his mate turns up next to you :moo:

91F4C0DE-4528-4D7D-9B12-4800A3642C13.jpeg

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Don't know if it was mentioned yesterday?

In the first half twice we had players go down injured, physios came on, play re-started without our player leaving the pitch.
They had a player injured, physios, player left the pitch.

Ha the rule changed?
What is the rule now?

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Don't know if it was mentioned yesterday?

In the first half twice we had players go down injured, physios came on, play re-started without our player leaving the pitch.
They had a player injured, physios, player left the pitch.

Ha the rule changed?
What is the rule now?
Yes the rule has changed. If you need the physio and the other player has been booked you stay on, I think.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What is the story with Mwepo?

Was he injured and that is why potter took him off?

I thought he was the only one who looked to be looking for a forward run as opposed to going backwards or sidewards yesterday!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Apologies if already covered but I can't be arsed to read this as I'm still hacked off.

Anyway a big thanks to Twatt Richie for not curling an f late corner into 'under the crossbar' territory. What a helmet. Did he not notice we had no 'keeper?

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Apologies if already covered but I can't be arsed to read this as I'm still hacked off.

Anyway a big thanks to Twatt Richie for not curling an f late corner into 'under the crossbar' territory. What a helmet. Did he not notice we had no 'keeper?

But also Shelvey, who has got a great shot in him, not blasting it at the goal from the free-kick. Rank stupidity! Thankfully!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here