Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
But also Shelvey, who has got a great shot in him, not blasting it at the goal from the free-kick. Rank stupidity! Thankfully!

Yup. They made some shocking decisions in the end. Unfortunately Brighton also did stupid shit: in the last few minutes Newcastle sent everything forward and there were two or three occasions when Brighton attacked with a man advantage in their final third, doing **** all with the ball.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Watched MOTD this morning Pep wouldn’t have been happy with Jones’s goal celebration (no problem with me)…on the subject of Jones he came across as a whinger

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
But also Shelvey, who has got a great shot in him, not blasting it at the goal from the free-kick. Rank stupidity! Thankfully!

He's got form for stupid decisions.

Look, we're all friends here, but I've not been so ****ing furious with the accurate application of the laws for ages. Wilson was definitely going to get the goal that brought the first win of the season. And, deserved or not, that win would have gone a long way to making the preceding football palatable.

I'm still fairly confident we'll stay up, but bloody hell I was seething when Sanches did that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He's got form for stupid decisions.

Look, we're all friends here, but I've not been so ****ing furious with the accurate application of the laws for ages. Wilson was definitely going to get the goal that brought the first win of the season. And, deserved or not, that win would have gone a long way to making the preceding football palatable.

I'm still fairly confident we'll stay up, but bloody hell I was seething when Sanches did that.

Was he, though? I mean there were at least two instances of open, or nearly open goals in the first half that Newcastle players put wide when it was harder to miss (only to realise the flag was up or play had been stopped for some reason). It would seem very Newcastle 2021 for him to have screwed his shot wide/hit a post. There was also a defender chasing back who might have cleared an under hit/scuffed shot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here