Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Very poor second half. Really disappointed. So many dreadful individual performances, Mwepu, Sanchez, Cucurella, Maupay, Mac Allister. Not angry, just so disappointed.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I know not playing a recognised striker last week at Liverpool worked and we got a great draw, but I was expecting us to start with one tonight at home in a match I thought we would have a good chance of winning. Not sure whether I want to see us persist with this formation, at least not at home.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Surprised Callum Wilson didnt move heaven and earth to get back on his feet after the trip - he was still the closest to the ball and could still have scored.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Just terrible to scrape a draw at Home vs. a useless bunch of Championship destined stiffs.

I were Potter I would be doing the Fergie Hairdryer Treatment around now...

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
That got too funky.

It is time to get back to what we do best.

3 centre backs. Cuc and lamptey wide. Then biss lallana Maupay and tross with one more.

That was such a disappointing display. So complacent.

Oh well. We would have taken this after 11 games.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You have to look at the season overall. And a 17 points tally at this stage in the season ain't too shabby.

Not beating the two bottom sides would be a worry if in a relegation fight but that not the case at the moment.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I know not playing a recognised striker last week at Liverpool worked and we got a great draw, but I was expecting us to start with one tonight at home in a match I thought we would have a good chance of winning. Not sure whether I want to see us persist with this formation, at least not at home.

Outside of Welbeck we only have small strikers lacking any kind of physical presence. They also are't anything special in the pace department.

Trossard is really the only one who shows a bit of trickery in the box.

Not a great 90 minutes but...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211106_193844.jpg
    Screenshot_20211106_193844.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 176

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Well, that was a hard watch on BT Sport. I couldn't get to the game so I had the pleasure of listening to Jermaine Penis as the official accredited Toon commentator. I assume ours was missing on the A1.

On 60 minutes, almost on cue, we stopped pressing and en masse moved 20 yards towards our goal. You'd hope that wasn't coached but it certainly looked like it. And we all know what followed.

The shittiest second half performance for a while.

Oh, and Maupay's yellow was a travesty.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
All I can say is that supporting Brighton is never boring! I wasn't able to be there and I listened on the wireless. When JC and Warren are talking about Lewis putting on the GK gloves it actually made me love our club even more! Crazy, but so fun and we're 6th!! :D

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Pretty sure the game plan today wasnt "please give the ball away in dangerous situations over and over again".

I guarantee Potter is absolutely furious right now.

I bl**dy well hope so

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here