Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Still choosing Gross when MacAllister doesn’t get a start. I freely admit I’m a rank amateur when it comes to tactics but I struggle to see the sense in this.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
He’s a left back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's listed as a LB

He might be listen on the official site as a defender - the official site has Alzate listed as a forward.

In the LC game against Villa, Cochrane played in midfield so was presuming (Wrongly!) that’s his position.

Edit - just seen the tweet from Brian Owen, you two are correct and he is a LB.

Last edited:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
3-0 to the good guys

Anything less, then as a forfeit I am prepared, at great personal risk I might add, to drink an extremely large amount of beer, yeah that's how confident I am.
Make it so Mr Potter
:drink:

Just seen the line up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'd better start drinking!

SoggyCabbages

Mar 29, 2019
Bets on how long for the first "OMG STEPHENS MISTAKE" post? :D

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Still choosing Gross when MacAllister doesn’t get a start. I freely admit I’m a rank amateur when it comes to tactics but I struggle to see the sense in this.

Maybe the thinking is to prevent us going two goals down early on so that Ally Mac can come on with the game in the balance.

Or maybe Potter has become Hughton.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not a fan of Gross, Stephens and Mooy starting in the same team...

I concur, Gross and Mooy in particular are so similar and neither has much pace. But it's a 16 man game now, and they are odds on to be pulled early second half.

Ozwald

Dec 8, 2019
I can sort of see the logic of the lineup, with our two probably best long passers/crossers in the wide midfield knocking it up to tross/maupay in a 4-2-2-2, just worried about the lack of pace...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Several derogatory comments about Mooy being shit from Newcastle fans on Twitter - odd. Apparently they can’t lose to a team with Arron Mooy in the starting line up and he’s a poor many Shelvey... mmmm

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Gross has some of the highest chance creation stats in the league. He brings a lot of creativity. Not saying MacAlister wont or does not, but Gross brings a lot to the table.

He does would prefer MacAllister over Mooy myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here