Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Several derogatory comments about Mooy being shit from Newcastle fans on Twitter - odd. Apparently they can’t lose to a team with Arron Mooy in the starting line up and he’s a poor many Shelvey... mmmm

Well he's not a **** for starters, so he's already up on Shelvey in that regard.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Kelly Cates thinks we're 'in terrible form' because we've lost to Liverpool and the two Manchester clubs. FFS.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think out of their first team players, only Lascelles and Hayden are missing and neither of them are great losses.

Not so. Sean Longstaff would have started ahead of Bentaleb, and Fabian Schar is comfortably their best defender.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Strangely relaxed about this. Something I haven't said much in the last 50+ years.

A bit of Potterball, finished off by three goals to the good guys (we may let them have one if we are feeling charitable towards the strange overweight naked town that can't speak English)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'm also not a fan of Stephens, Mooy and Gross all starting but even as Stephens number 1 critic, I think he earned his place in the side tonight after the last couple of games.

Disappointed March isn't starting as I thought he did well against Southampton and would like him to have had another go instead of either Mooy or Gross.

These are just personal things though and I'm not being critical as I'm a big Potter fan and would say most of the time he gets it right. I always have faith he has a plan for the opposition like the first half against Southampton.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Still choosing Gross when MacAllister doesn’t get a start. I freely admit I’m a rank amateur when it comes to tactics but I struggle to see the sense in this.

MacAllister has hardly set the world alight recently, whilst Gross has shown a few hints of returning to the form of two seasons ago.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Kelly Cates thinks we're 'in terrible form' because we've lost to Liverpool and the two Manchester clubs. FFS.

I just finished fulminating over that. What a silly comment. Take our last 4 games and we have got 4 points from norwich and leicester whilst losing to man city and liverpool. What planet is she on?

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
I just finished fulminating over that. What a silly comment. Take our last 4 games and we have got 4 points from norwich and leicester whilst losing to man city and liverpool. What planet is she on?

The BBC text is similarly putting the most negative possible spin on our form (2 wins in last 16 matches). Seems a tad unnecessary, and not particularly representative

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Several derogatory comments about Mooy being shit from Newcastle fans on Twitter - odd. Apparently they can’t lose to a team with Arron Mooy in the starting line up and he’s a poor many Shelvey... mmmm

It's not odd at all, he's a dreadful player who has had almost no impact on our team in a positive sense all season. He picked up an assist against Norwich, which is basically going to keep us up, but he's had 30 games to impress. He's scored 2 and got a few assists. He's not what we need if we want to be anything other than a team challenging for 15th in the league.

Let's see him run around a lot tonight and be praised for doing so, whilst totally ignoring his nil contribution to attacking play. Like half a dozen others.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Souness is not a fan is he? Is he a mate of CH by any chance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here