Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yeah because under Hughton we were 100% happy with 0-0, we did make some effort to score tonight and we matched Newcastle .we would have been defending in depth for 90 mins in that game last season, we had to go a goal down before we made any effort to attack with more than just Murray up front.

It wasn’t pretty, in fact it was shit but we weren’t shitting ourselves from the kick off!

Yet we scored last season and didn’t really look like coming close tonight, which would suggest your analysis is inaccurate [emoji6][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yet we scored last season and didn’t really look like coming close tonight, which would suggest your analysis is inaccurate [emoji6][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You clearly don’t remember the first half last season :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That was a tough watch.

Souness talking up Bruce's football this season was a bit hard to understand.
Have I been missing something?

They have had some great performances and results with Maximin, Shelvey and Almiron taking apart the opposition eg at Bmuff 1-4, beating Sheff Utd 3-0, winning at WH and Spurs, beating Chelsea and Manure.

Bruce, inexplicably, abandoned all that tonight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You must have fallen alseep during the goal drought last season.

You need to know that [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] is still pissed off at CH’s sacking and struggles to embrace GP. I’m right Teddy aren’t I ? :smile:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Ugly match and a complete borefest but Job done.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Plenty happy with a point but from an entertainment point of view that was the worst game I have seen at home in PL

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You need to know that [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] is still pissed off at CH’s sacking and struggles to embrace GP. I’m right Teddy aren’t I ? :smile:

Harsh..... I do believe Hughton was treated badly, and we can debate it forever and a day, nothing will change my mind. Perhaps it did CH a favour, as the majority will remember him in a positive way, rather than if we had started badly and he'd have been sacked - but that is all hypothetical.

Never said I'm not behind Potter, but feel that the constant comparing is beginning to feel like feeble attempts to tarnish Hughton's time. One plays defensive, one offensive, There is as much to a well organised defence as there is a well organised attack.

I've also never said that last season was enjoyable just that we effectively over-achieved on a bottom 3 budget. After all, there is more than one way to play football, as Potters rear-guard action at Stains proved, and as you know [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION], I remain a win at all costs.

My favourite manager in The Amex era from a pure footballing perspective remains Poyet's teams.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
15,000 of us would’ve left long before final whistle, another 10,000 on final whistle, leaving a few devotees to clap the lap of staying up.

Do you think he would have come over from America And not enjoyed himself I know I would refuse to find any game dull If I had come all that way

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have you ever tried playing football when it's over 20 degrees in the shade, you've played once evey four days for a month having not played for over 3 months before, you've nothing to play for and you don't want to get injured for another season that starts in under two months? If you were expecting Man City at their best you were probably watching the wrong game.

Don’t agree with you there old chap...
Don’t go getting us lifelong Brighton fans all excited because we are playing a premier league match......We were safe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here