Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
OK well done we're safe, but please, how many times can you pass the ball and get absolutely nowhere? Possession without intent is just a training session and about as exciting.
???

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Just like watching last season under CH. Have we really progressed?

tonight was not about progression really .. lots of games in short space of time, stubborn team, all about the point .. terrible game, but job done

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Did you miss some of the games towards the end of CH's tenure against Cardiff and Bournemouth? It certainly wasn't that bad tonight in a dull match, but with a draw being the result we needed, particularly given the quick succession of games since the resumption.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Did you miss some of the games towards the end of CH's tenure against Cardiff and Bournemouth? It certainly wasn't that bad tonight in a dull match, but with a draw being the result we needed, particularly given the quick succession of games since the resumption.

I actually thought it reminded me of Stains at home last season, huff and puff with no creativity....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well done on getting the point but, that was shocking. Everything is soooooo sloooooooow !!

Barely string a pass together, no movement, no pace, misplaced passes and little threat going forward.

Sorry but I'd get shot of Propper, Stephens, Mooy & Gross....all way to slow. Pace is needed if we are to progress and help for Maupay with a quality striker signing.

If not will be in big trouble next season.

UTA

Have you ever tried playing football when it's over 20 degrees in the shade, you've played once evey four days for a month having not played for over 3 months before, you've nothing to play for and you don't want to get injured for another season that starts in under two months? If you were expecting Man City at their best you were probably watching the wrong game.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I actually thought it reminded me of Stains at home last season, huff and puff with no creativity....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but a different scenario in that Newcastle didn't really want to play and we were content with a point.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not against that defender he wouldn't, not 'Hoops'.

View attachment 126308

Of course not, ex Bournemouth and Hoops is Bournemouth through and through.

I also didn’t realise that when Albion players made tackles it was a mandatory booking according to Hoops. Embarrassingly shit and biased against Brighton ref

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Yeah because under Hughton we were 100% happy with 0-0, we did make some effort to score tonight and we matched Newcastle .we would have been defending in depth for 90 mins in that game last season, we had to go a goal down before we made any effort to attack with more than just Murray up front.

It wasn’t pretty, in fact it was shit but we weren’t shitting ourselves from the kick off!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In the cool light of ..... 30 minutes later .... Bruce came to kill the game. He succeeded.

In the first 5 to 10 minutes, that took eons to take throw-ins, goal kicks, free kicks. It was impossible for a limited Albion eleven to get any momentum.

In a way, possibly a bit of a complement that The Mighty Mags intent was 9 or 10 behind the ball, hoping to nick a win.

The Albion first choice eleven must be improved in the transfer market. Please, no more slow purported ACM’s/no.10’s/wide midfielders. We already have them in droves.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
That was a tough watch.

Souness talking up Bruce's football this season was a bit hard to understand.
Have I been missing something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here