Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Middlesbrough *** Official Match Thread ***

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Very difficult to feel aggrieved at the result today. They were, by a good margin, the better team. Very difficult to see them not going up. Though I recall saying that about Derby two years ago so you never know.

Felt Murphy was off the pace today and Van La Parra's first touch continually let him down.

Onto Brentford!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Outsmarted today. I don't agree that we played badly, there were some clever moves upfornt, it is just we camu against an excellent side in top form who quickly snuffed out any trouble.

Not sure injuries are such a great excuse - March MIGHT have been more effective than Murphy or VLP is only possible one - but Boro have their own injuries. It just shows the importance of buying a squad.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a difference a few hours make at 12 noon Middlesbro were the same points as us and 7 goals better, at 3pm they are now 3 points and 13 goals better off. How things can change quickly.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Couldn't make the match, but feel insanely low about the result.

Guess I've forgotten how to lose.

Onto Brentford with dread of another defeat now :(

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This was the "round" that Derby fell off the top and drifted away. I think we will be ok but might go through a wobbly patch now

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Good though Middlesborough were, I still think a full strength Brighton side would beat them.

We looked very ponderous today but that's hardly surprising given that we've lost our flyers like Lualua, March and Bong. Murphy looks tired and clearly works much better with Bong in tandem.

Fantastic and totally unexpected run. Wish I'd put a tenner on it at the beginning of the season. I'd be planning a holiday in the Caribbean right now.....!

Still think we'll get automatic promotion if we get our injured players back and we keep Wilson.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, what is there to say , that hasnt been said boys:clap::clap:
We gave you a lesson on how to play football

Hope this knocks some of your arrogance out of you :clap2:

Unbeaten run , it was easy
What a turd. Do you think it's clever to let down the many decent fans that support the club you disgrace?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Well, what is there to say , that hasnt been said boys:clap::clap:
We gave you a lesson on how to play football

Hope this knocks some of your arrogance out of you :clap2:

Unbeaten run , it was easy

You sound fat and ugly.

KikesBaldingHead

Dec 19, 2015
Boro fan here.

Yesterday was tough for me, always been brought up a Boro fan but grew up in Sussex and had a soft spot for Brighton.

We caught you on an off day and the early goal allowed us to pretty much strangle the life out of the game and our defence were on top form. There were flashes of promise from you guys but it just didn't click.

Your performance reminded me of us against Hull where we also lost 3-0, we just didn't turn up on the day and made Hull look (and feel) like world beaters but look at them now.

Hopefully you react the way we did and we'll see you for a party at the Riverside at the end of the season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Boro fan here.

Yesterday was tough for me, always been brought up a Boro fan but grew up in Sussex and had a soft spot for Brighton.

We caught you on an off day and the early goal allowed us to pretty much strangle the life out of the game and our defence were on top form. There were flashes of promise from you guys but it just didn't click.

Your performance reminded me of us against Hull where we also lost 3-0, we just didn't turn up on the day and made Hull look (and feel) like world beaters but look at them now.

Hopefully you react the way we did and we'll see you for a party at the Riverside at the end of the season.

I think we were way off the pace and struggling with a long injury list but your tactics were textbook in my view.

Giving us no space from defence and going forward, I knew the game was up for us when we had a free kick on the left hand side inside your half and instead of putting it in the penalty there was a quick pass back and around 3 passes later the ball was back with our keeper.

KikesBaldingHead

Dec 19, 2015
I think we were way off the pace and struggling with a long injury list but your tactics were textbook in my view.

Giving us no space from defence and going forward, I knew the game was up for us when we had a free kick on the left hand side inside your half and instead of putting it in the penalty there was a quick pass back and around 3 passes later the ball was back with our keeper.

I agree and the early goal allowed us to do that, it settled us and we could manage the game how we liked. I think there are a lot of sides in this league that will pressure you but we're one of the few with the fitness to do it for the full 90.

With your injuries and with Dunk suspended, and also after two other tough games for yourselves, we played you at a good time for us. I think it also showed the benefit of a squad with strength in depth as we were able to rest quite a few key players against Burnley in preparation for you guys. We've spent a fair whack though so you'd hope that would be the case.

I wish your key players a speedy recovery and hopefully see you in April with both of us having cemented an autos spot, I think you'll be right up there.

All the best until April!

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Agree that the players lacked ambition yesterday and were happy to pass the ball for somebody else to make something happen. We looked a very tired team and were well beaten.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I agree and the early goal allowed us to do that, it settled us and we could manage the game how we liked. I think there are a lot of sides in this league that will pressure you but we're one of the few with the fitness to do it for the full 90.

With your injuries and with Dunk suspended, and also after two other tough games for yourselves, we played you at a good time for us. I think it also showed the benefit of a squad with strength in depth as we were able to rest quite a few key players against Burnley in preparation for you guys. We've spent a fair whack though so you'd hope that would be the case.

I wish your key players a speedy recovery and hopefully see you in April with both of us having cemented an autos spot, I think you'll be right up there.

All the best until April!

I think we did have strength in depth a few weeks back, no matter what the club, losing five players that would almost certainly make the starting line up is hard to take. Then we lose Uwe and throw in a débutante in Goldson. It ain't getting any better!! That isn't a swipe at Goldson who I thought looked quite assured.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Funny, isn’t it? Albion lose for the first time since April and I get a load of stick from friends and colleagues who support United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea…

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Funny, isn’t it? Albion lose for the first time since April and I get a load of stick from friends and colleagues who support United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea…

I hope you've been giving the Chelsea and United supporters ample stick for the embarrassment to football that they have become.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here