Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Middlesbrough *** Official Match Thread ***

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Disappointing but it was always going to be tough once we conceded the avoidable first goal. Middlesbrough were very organised and good from set pieces, which is enough to get you promoted from this league. With their spending power and our lengthy injury list, the result isn't unexpected.

D

Deleted member 22389

That 3rd goal totally knocked the wind out of all our sails didn't it. Really weird coming out the stadium with that losing feeling. How we come back now is important, the players wont like that losing feeling.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
If I got offered this position at the beginning of the season I would of eaten your arm off.

No shame today what so ever, in fact im glad it was Borough who took our undefeated record as they are clearly the best team in the league and not Derby, our other rivals.

It's how they react now against Brentford away. The so called Monkey is off their backs in regards to not having lost and now they won't have that ticking away in the back of their minds.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
One thing I can see is why Van La Parra wasn't getting in the Wolves team. Awful, spineless performance.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We won't pick up another point this year , players are out on there feet. Injurys have killed us. Season starts again mid January !!

As much as I acknowledge our injury list, and that we have just had a midweek game, and we have just been beaten by a better team on the day, I really do not wear this 'players out on their feet' stuff. They are athletes in their prime of life, strong, trained, focused, given the best of everything, and what do they have to do in return? Do about 3 hours physical training 4 days a week, and play 90 minutes of football once a week on average.
We got beaten, let's stop making excuses hub?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
One thing I can see is why Van La Parra wasn't getting in the Wolves team. Awful, spineless performance.

So you're completely dismissing his previous performances for us?

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
As much as I acknowledge our injury list, and that we have just had a midweek game, and we have just been beaten by a better team on the day, I really do not wear this 'players out on their feet' stuff. They are athletes in their prime of life, strong, trained, focused, given the best of everything, and what do they have to do in return? Do about 3 hours physical training 4 days a week, and play 90 minutes of football once a week on average.
We got beaten, let's stop making excuses hub?
3 of r back 4 are mid 30s

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Borough were far too well organised for us, their tactics were spot on and we struggled to get the ball into attacking areas today.

Think this shows how much we will struggle against better teams with so many injuries.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Though Van la parra and Murphy were both poor today you have to realise it was the job boro's defence did in closing them down quickly and denying them any space to attack that made them poor, I thought Friend was outstanding today.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
We were poor Boro not much better decent balls in for their goals, solid side but not a side we would fear if we were at full strength! We looked jaded today, Derby and OPR tough games today a match too far! Onward and upward I predict Derby Champs us runners up and Boro third!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Borough were far too well organised for us, their tactics were spot on and we struggled to get the ball into attacking areas today.

Think this shows how much we will struggle against better teams with so many injuries.

To be fair, we DID get the ball into some attacking areas today, but the final ball/decision was poor and the chance was gone.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Though Van la parra and Murphy were both poor today you have to realise it was the job boro's defence did in closing them down quickly and denying them any space to attack that made them poor, I thought Friend was outstanding today.
Fair comment. We were made to look poor in every area today.

smogmonsta

Banned
Dec 16, 2015
Well, what is there to say , that hasnt been said boys:clap::clap:
We gave you a lesson on how to play football

Hope this knocks some of your arrogance out of you :clap2:

Unbeaten run , it was easy

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've not read the thread, but can I just check, it was Dunk's fault wasn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here