Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
**** me, must be the Mod equivalent of a bank holiday.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ..........what’s the contingency plan for when a ****er gets through the net and you’re all out on the piss ?[emoji23][emoji23]

Again, all i am doing is disagreeing. What is so difficult for you to deal wit about that? You joined in 2013, the pilchard before 2011, so come on, out Albion me, i dare you. Prove your worthiness.
Why can you not cope with opposing views? What you hiding?

We have a long way to go. The likes of Burnley and Sheff Utd today showed how the unfashionable teams can really scare the big teams, no reason why we shouldn’t be where they are, never mind the likes of Wolves. Less silly, hot airy talk about Potterball and more concentration on proper team building, smart and flexible tactics and a harder, winning edge

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Again, all i am doing is disagreeing. What is so difficult for you to deal wit about that? You joined in 2013, the pilchard before 2011, so come on, out Albion me, i dare you. Prove your worthiness.

Borrowed time on NSC .... Palace troll and not clever enough to make it last.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Did anyone else notice that our defense were given more license to boot the ball up field against Man City? Unlike Potter to change his core beliefs...

When was that , looked lot me every time we got the ball we would pass it back to a city player

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
But a real real Albion fan would just go merry happy clapping along wouldn't they? Like in 97. Everything's perfect.
Just clappy clap clap clap wave those scarfs up the Albion, Viva Archer. Viva Bellotti, To the promised lannnnnnnndddddd.

Don't be a prat.
Those of us who spend a long time on this board,many would say too long, develop a kind of sixth sense to Palace fans masquerading as Albion fans . You completely fit the bill, recent account, absolute disgust at the way the team has performed, no matter who the opposition is no redeeming features about any of the players, and then when found out, outage that anybody could ever think you're Palace, with the odd invented history of your long time support.
You are a perfect specimen.

Goodnight.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
Bit of perspective - in their last 4 games they've put 4 past Liverpool and 5 past Newcastle and ourselves.

We bring on Stephens for Propper and Burn for Gross etc. they bring on Silva for De Bruyne and Fernandinho for Rodri and I could go on.

Yeah we were a bit toothless, but they were class...

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Because why? Why am i Palace supporter?

Why is anyone a Palace supporter? Shit taste in football teams I guess.

To be fair, it could just be that you are loyal to your bredren round your endz innit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Hiding in what context ? Happy to answer any questions. What are you disagreeing with ?

JCL (not Sussex born)
8 seasons STH

You ?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We have a long way to go. The likes of Burnley and Sheff Utd today showed how the unfashionable teams can really scare the big teams, no reason why we shouldn’t be where they are, never mind the likes of Wolves. Less silly, hot airy talk about Potterball and more concentration on proper team building, smart and flexible tactics and a harder, winning edge

Well said, we're still a way off. But not that far. 40 points and single figure GD this season was my hope, that would constitute significant progress In a year of transition, and a miracle after this evenings shambles!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Read any teams post-match thread after losing big to City and you'll find the same "lack of effort" comments. Odd how every team apparently got no motivation when they play City.

Effort is not the problem (though I admit to being concerned at seeing the team celebrating after the Norwich game like it's already done. It's not.) We passed them the ball, directly, fifteen times in the first half alone. (I'm in Spain, the Spanish commentators counted and reshowed them). If you do that against any team in the Premier League, you'll lose, and you'll make them look good. If you do it against a team that's already good, you'll get humiliated.

Also there were, what? Eight fouls in the entire game? I don't ask or expect us to beat teams that have been assembled for the price of a small country's economy, but I do expect us to try to compete. Snap at them, try to ruffle a few feathers. At least try to pass the ball to a teammate. This stuff should not be beyond Premier League players no matter who the opposition is. (Look at Valladolid's performance against Barcelona tonight for an example. A similar gulf in quality and budget but a world of difference in the approach. And the result.)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Hiding in what context ? Happy to answer any questions. What are you disagreeing with ?

JCL (not Sussex born)
8 seasons STH

You ?

Albion supporter since 1980, NSC member under various guises since it started.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Albion supporter since 1980, NSC member under various guises since it started.

Surprised you’re posting such dogshit in that case. If the current team/squad/performances is/are causing you that much angst, based on what I’ve read in order to educate myself in the club’s history, you must have either a very short memory or ridiculous expectations. Or be a Palace wanker.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Supported the Albion for 50 years, season ticket holder for at least twenty five of those, been to all but about 10 games at the Amex, one of , only about 3,000 STH the last 2 seasons at the Goldstone, born in Sussex, lived here all my live, apart from time away in the forces.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Surprised you’re posting such dogshit in that case. If the current team/squad/performances is/are causing you that much angst, based on what I’ve read in order to educate myself in the club’s history, you must have either a very short memory or ridiculous expectations. Or be a Palace wanker.
This

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
That was embarrassing. Didn't lay a glove on them for 90mins. Gifted possession so many times. The gulf in class reminded me of our first PL game against City 3 years ago. At least we were more at it defensively then and held out until midway through the 2nd half. We gifted them 2 or 3 tonight, but they were so much better than us in every aspect it was shocking. I know they are a mega rich club but Norwich have turned them over this season and they are disappearing without a trace. At least we turned up against Liverpool and gave them a game. I am a Potter fan, but that display was truly dreadful

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Nah gents. Expecting effort- i.e players who are payed more than entire squads of the past to put a decent shift in isn't unrealistic.
You can't just go "we used to play at Gillingham so we're entitled to put no effort ". That is just weird.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Nah gents. Expecting effort- i.e players who are payed more than entire squads of the past to put a decent shift in isn't unrealistic.
You can't just go "we used to play at Gillingham so we're entitled to put no effort ". That is just weird.

Your comments about 97 ,and fans being happy clappy and only too ready to bend the knee to Archer and Belotti are a much used Palace untruth, and proved you weren't really a supporter at that time. I was there, I witnessed and took part in the struggle us fans out up against our owners. If you demean this ,through either spite of ignorance, as you have , you are really not an Albion supporter.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
We were utter shit tonight. An embarrassingly foul, nostril stripping, steaming hot pile of dung, so rotten the state of Denmark seemed like a scented candle by comparison. We need better players. And I’ve yet to be convinced we‘ve got the right manager. Jury still out for me, seems incredibly naive at times.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The latter, 100%.

He’s now fibbing, creating a faux Albion CV, to preserve his current NSC membership.

Regretting getting overly excited earlier and giving the trolling game away.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

You’re absolutely gutted that we’re likely staying up. Gaining brief relief tonight,

For balance, we all loved your recent trip to Anfield. For 90 minutes, ripped apart, Woy looked shell shocked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here