Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Potter should get the players in for 10am training tomorrow morning and if anyone's a minute or more late, halve their wages for the week. 36 points from 35 games is relegation ratio in any other season.

Totally unacceptable. Now the wait for tomorrow. Thanks a fooking bunch.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
No, because you are masquerading as a Brighton fan on a thread for Brighton fans. It’s a bit sad. Isn’t there a Palace forum for you to irritate ?

It's total lols. We can have Nazis and Facists on here but as long as they 'support the Albion' they're okay. But someone slightly negative is a Palace fan. Get a grip babes.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Mrs WT is in hospital at moment and called me during the game .

'Is it it over' she asked. The clock said 65 mins played

'Yes' I say

Are you watching Peter Crouch' she asked
'the woman is just about to fall out of her top'

'Er no the football is actually still on' i say (whilst switching to BBC 1).

I then own up to switching channel ... we have a discussion about said lady.

I switch back football to see
another mistake by Ryan.

I make comment ' After all that there were bigger boobs at the football '

A Button might be the answer to both problems.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Potter should get the players in for 10am training tomorrow morning and if anyone's a minute or more late, halve their wages for the week. 36 points from 35 games is relegation ratio in any other season.

Totally unacceptable. Now the wait for tomorrow. Thanks a fooking bunch.

No it isn't ffs

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Are we much Better under Potter? It’s a central NSC Debate.
Judge it on points, and The answer is marginally.
Judge it on aesthetics, and it is a big change.
My theory is Potter is cut a lot of slack on NSC because it got SO bad towards the end under Hughton. Forgive the random analogy, but It’s a bit like when The Force Awakens Star Wars film was released. People are just relieved the game experience different to what came before.
Imho, we will see More football next season that is both effective and pleasing on the eye. But so far, it’s been modest improvements under Potter.
Albion fans have been more patient than others might have been.

Brilliant post - love the Star Wars analogy.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Of course City are good but in 30 years have never seen us so outplayed and uncompetitive

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, alright, they destroyed us 5-0, but we all know what really counts is xG, so how did we do on that front?*

*rhetorical question, I don't care.

In all seriousness, go back to the part of this thread when the team was announced. We all saw this coming. What I'm interested in is, will the curse of resting players with an eye on the next game strike, or will that plan work? Will the response to this be the one we hope for, or will it be like the response to losing 5-0 to Bournemouth, where we followed it up with the loss to Cardiff. Will the players be able to get back into the frame of mind that they still have a job to do, or was their celebration after beating Norwich their end of season party and now we're just making up the numbers?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We all know you’re Palarse, trolling this thread.

Your NSC life expectancy can be counted in hours once [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION], [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] or one of the others cotton on.

Have a feeling that won't happen.
Enjoy yourself.
Actually babe, would suggests that kind of aggressive language deserves a ban more than my negativity- originally joined NSC pre 2003, but you carry on. It says a lot about you, joined in 2011, that you can't deal with a bit of constructive criticism.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Not sure why many are getting their knickers in a twist. City were on form tonight and had the rub of the green, that was a team worth (?) over a billion pounds playing a team worth maybe 100 million, 9 times out of 10 they are going to kick our arses.

We move on and build, safety was this years objective and is almost done, forget City and Liverpool they are lightyears ahead of us.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hardly worth scratching your bollocks for, these games. The fallout is always entertaining, though

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Feel really sorry for Bussouma, some of our players look like they are on holiday, really think there will be a few off.

I really hope so. Montoya, Schelleto, Jahanbakshe (little point keeping him and Mccalister) and Bernardo for starters. Need to be ruthless I feel.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It's a bit gutting that we evened out the league this season by accidentally injuring Laporte and our reward for doing this was seeing him back, along with a fully fit De Bruyne, both Silvas and Sterling looking not only brilliant, but also like he'd won a lottery especially arranged just for him by our overworked defence.

I know when we scored against them last season, it just annoyed them, but I didn't expect them to still be angry after all this time.

In truth this happens to everyone at some point in this division. We didn't cover ourselves in glory, but we've just played City, United and Liverpool in twelve days, but during that short time also managed to win the only game that we really had to get something from. Other teams have to suffer it now. We can hopefully look forward to trying to play some football against some fellow also-rans.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Read any teams post-match thread after losing big to City and you'll find the same "lack of effort" comments. Odd how every team apparently got no motivation when they play City.

But by all means, I'm open for reasoning with a normally sensible voice like yours. Could you provide me with some examples of situations where players accepted losing 50/50 balls?

Bernardo second goal didn't move.

Webster last goal

Ryan last goal he should have claimed the ball.

Webster poor attempt at block for first goal.

50/50 is not just about tackling its about getting there first.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Because you admitted it. No real Albion fan would ever type, what in you typed in answer to another post.

But a real real Albion fan would just go merry happy clapping along wouldn't they? Like in 97. Everything's perfect.
Just clappy clap clap clap wave those scarfs up the Albion, Viva Archer. Viva Bellotti, To the promised lannnnnnnndddddd.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But a real real Albion fan would just go merry happy clapping along wouldn't they? Like in 97. Everything's perfect.
Just clappy clap clap clap wave those scarfs up the Albion, Viva Archer. Viva Bellotti, To the promised lannnnnnnndddddd.

**** me, must be the Mod equivalent of a bank holiday.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ..........what’s the contingency plan for when a ****er gets through the net and you’re all out on the piss ?[emoji23][emoji23]

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
Did anyone else notice that our defense were given more license to boot the ball up field against Man City? Unlike Potter to change his core beliefs...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here