Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This has been woeful. I know City are an amazing team and we will lose against them nine times out of ten, but we haven’t even tried to compete or make it even moderately difficult for them. It shouldn’t be like this. Our team selection, style of play and attitude absolutely stink tonight.

Spot on. Nobody expects us to turn over teams like Citeh but...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Walkers barges Connolly in the back and commentary says shoulder to shoulder.
No way we will fetch anything in our favour tonight.

He did, but toed the ball and got a bye . . . Connolly is naive/inexperienced at this level

I had notice several minor things that went their way . . . . But officials don't favour the big boys do they ;-). Just my imagination

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This has been woeful. I know City are an amazing team and we will lose against them nine times out of ten, but we haven’t even tried to compete or make it even moderately difficult for them. It shouldn’t be like this. Our team selection, style of play and attitude absolutely stink tonight.

Bollocks. At least about the attitude, the rest is up for debate. Players are doing all they can. "They dont seem motivated" is a classic whenever a team is getting outplayed, and very rarely, if ever, true.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Match threads really are the pits.

Most of the time I'm either at the AMEX or at work.
So I'd never really paid it much attention, beyond a quick scroll through.

I had no idea the miseratists spend the hour to kick off getting lathered up in doom.
Or, the knives in the back were quite so big and pointy!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Let's not go over the top digging out our team in this game. Since the restart Man City have scored 17 and conceded 3. Four of those against Liverpool. That we've turned this into 19 so far is no surprise to anyone. Everyone knows how superior they are. This team shouldn't really exist. It only does because the owners cheated the FFP rules to such an extent that even EUFA felt they had to step in.

[emoji106]

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
He simply can’t defend, it’s his positioning that lets him down so badly, it’s not just against Man City or United either.

Never stops a cross. Doesn't tackle much. Isn't fast. Not great in the air. Positionally caught out. Really passive. Never scores. Can't assist. Part of me dies when I see him playing. When I realised I'd rather play Schletto, that said it all.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Exactly. It's hard enough to compete with them if we put in maximum effort. But that second goal was nothing to do with superior class on City's part and everything to do with lack of concentration and poor basic defending.

I don’t get the rotation policy on Maupay, he’s head and shoulders our best player up front and dropping him is as dumb as dropping Dunk

boik

Most of the time I'm either at the AMEX or at work.
So I'd never really paid it much attention, beyond a quick scroll through.

I had no idea the miseratists spend the hour to kick off getting lathered up in doom.
Or, the knives in the back were uite so big and pointy!

I think some people just need to lash out when we don't do well. The opposition, officials, commentatots, our own players. Always the same from some people.

A Woodwork showing the kind of defensive solidity we need this half

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here