Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Completely agree, this is why I can't understand the people that moan about us under Potter as we are a team transformed from a few years ago. I think though it can almost be more frustrating that we know we are a good team but just can't find that final ball/clinical finishing that we need to make us a proper top 10 team.

Whilst we need to keep as many of the current group together (will be difficult and the likes of Bissouma almost guaranteed to go in the summer) we also need to start paying the market rates for attacking players if we want to become a regular top 10 side.

Results business, and if you only see us at home, I think you might argue differently about the transformation.

Still, we’re “only” 1 nil down. Forget the opposition though, we still don’t look like we’d score against Liverpool’s Sea Scouts. Got to quicken the pace. When we do get forward we waste an ocean of space sometimes and time on the ball with indecision or over passing. Nothing knew therefore, but oh so frustrating.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Not sure that it’s an attitude issue with Biss today but rather an injury. I thought he over extended his previously injured knee. He looked sharp early on but seemed to massively fade.
What do I know! Back on second half.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
The only criticism I have is we seem to always, ALWAYS, play it back to start again when we turn the ball over. Just once I want to see them look up and clip a ball to some one reacting to the chance of a counter.
I know, right? Asking for the earth

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Trossard has done well for us and clearly has talent but he has been absolutely DIABOLICAL in 2022. He is completely incapable of playing a quick pass. never first time. Always over plays. We haven't got the pace to do this in our team and the attack is over. He is so frustrating and wasteful.

Ali Mac has played really well and actually receives the ball with composure at Liverpool's level. Alzate started well but faded and two sloppy passes. Biss is trying. Shame Mwepu is not match fit. Cucu good. Dunk loves to receive the ball in his own penalty area. Push a bit up the pitch - it just adds to our ponderousness.

Doesn't have any footballing instinct for me and never has. He has ability which is shown when he gets quick snap chances but give the guy time to think and he will fail to score 9 times out of 10 (never seems to score a 1 on 1). His crossing never seems to beat the first man (same to be fair with Solly). Just don't think he's developed at all since he's been at the club and would look to sell in the summer and get in some fresh blood.

Really like Ali Mac though, complete opposite of Trossard in terms of footballing instinct and always a starter for me.

D

Deleted member 2719

I know it's against Liverpool but what is worrying is the performance: we look exactly the same as we have in the last few games. We lack sharpness, urgency, we're making silly mistakes and we're lacking cohesion. We don't look like we are on the same page.

Just a reminder of the real term gap between the teams.

They are on double our points and on a run.

Attachments

• Brighton 1.PNG
    Brighton 1.PNG
    87.9 KB · Views: 106

I know it's against Liverpool but what is worrying is the performance: we look exactly the same as we have in the last few games. We lack sharpness, urgency, we're making silly mistakes and we're lacking cohesion. We don't look like we are on the same page.

Agreed - we can’t say it’s Liverpool what do you expect. We’ve set standards in our recent games against this opposition and if we are below them, then we have to say that

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Its the double jepodise rule, if they did not score then Big Bob would have been sent off.

I think that only applies when giving away penalties and so on - that is, a single punishment for an offence not two? Don't think it applies when the 'foul' doesn't prevent anything?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Giving Liverpool far too much room in center midfield allowing them to dictate the game from there, Take Biss off his head looks elsewhere.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We just don’t look like scoring.

The atmosphere is really flat and this is the main reason. There’s no expectation when we get the ball.

It’s boring and at the moment it’s very ineffective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I've ever watched at 12.30 ko game and thought the atmosphere was anything other than shit, anywhere. Just such a shit ko time for atmosphere

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Have we ever got so much as a point from a home match where we haven't worn our home strip - this is the third game I can think of where it has happened, and we lost the other two, being the Palookaville game at Withdean, and that game at the Goldstone where Reading turned up with their yellow and blue hooped away shirt.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The goal was a great pass which exploited Lamptey's defensive weakness. It happens. We have to get back at them from the off. I would put Moder on for March.

No doubt we’d be creaming our pants if someone played a ball through like that for us to score. Liverpool don’t regularly score 4-5 goals by relying on defences making mistakes.

D

Deleted member 2719

Oh Trossard, you could almost see his sphincter tighten as he hit that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here