Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

If we had a better No2 keeper, Sanchez would be under pressure for his spot. But we don’t

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Was it really a defensive mistake or just a very good ball and well timed run? We’re not playing some hoofball lower-league team here!

D

Deleted member 2719

If we had a better No2 keeper, Sanchez would be under pressure for his spot. But we don’t

Yes, he can be Grobberlar like at times, but that works both way.

I prefer to have a great shot-stopper who is good with his feet and can collect balls with ease in the box, personally.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
13F1C7A4-FB1E-4218-AEB4-B9322DB540F2.jpeg

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Sanchez is a decent, if sometimes erratic, goalkeeper. He's still young for a keeper and has plenty of time to finesse his game. No way he should be unquestioned first choice at this stage IMO. I'm hoping we go in for Ugurcan from Trabzonspor who we were linked with in the summer and have two proper goalkeepers battling it out next season.

boik

Was it really a defensive mistake or just a very good ball and well timed run? We’re not playing some hoofball lower-league team here!

Fans do have a habit of trying to pin everything on their own players rather than crediting the opposition. Maybe it seems disloyal to credit another team, but surely its more disloyal just to look for scapegoats all the time.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Playing well overall.

Bit of a sucker punch of a goal, dare I say, against the run of play?

It wasn’t really against the run of play, or not in any significant way.
In the first ten minutes They were just casually moving into the second gear, while we buzzed around a bit.
Once they’d warmed up, they scored.
The problem is we aren’t making a mark on them physically.
That, and all the other problems that come when playing a great team.
But we came back in a similar game v Liverpool last season (?) so it’s not all over.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
In the first ten minutes They were just casually moving into the second gear, while we buzzed around a bit.
But we came back in a similar game v Liverpool last season (?) so it’s not all over.

Except Sanchez!

boik

We do seem to lack a bit of physicality in both strength and speed. A lot of modern players combine both. We have tariq who's genuinely pacey, but apart from that?

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
What has happened to Lamptey Bissouma & Trossard? Look poor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here