Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I know it’s Liverpool, I know we are on a poor run, but we just look so utterly bereft of any ability, any speed of thought, even actually as much effort as a few months ago. And certain players barely deserve to be anywhere near the starting line up.

D

Deleted member 2719

There is still only one goal in this, so we do have a fighting chance.

Guys, please remember who we are playing today and where we are in our journey.

We still have a chance.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
What happened with Bissouma after the half time whistle? Took forever to leave the pitch and had taken his shirt off?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php

Diaz could see that coming from miles away.

We did really well to keep it to one at half time given how our game collapsed there. Would like to see Lallana on for Alzate, if it is still at one with 20 mins to go, we will get the usual chances to get something

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I know it's against Liverpool but what is worrying is the performance: we look exactly the same as we have in the last few games. We lack sharpness, urgency, we're making silly mistakes and we're lacking cohesion. We don't look like we are on the same page.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Can't panic about this, they are better and we all know it/knew it. We are just so, so lightweight going forward. Bissouma, Lamptey, Trossard poor AGAIN so far.

I predicted 0-5 in the poll, maybe not that but Liverpool should easily add a couple more in the second half.

Oh, and once again a chance to put the ball in after a poor corner. Pass it instead, get done on the break and Salah nearly makes it 0-2. That was MacAllister by the way.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Alzate does look off the pace. We need some more energy in the midfield. Liverpool are in cruise control and the best thing about that half is that we are only 1-0 down. They’ve not made the most of some of their breaks with both Salah and Mane being greedy and not passing when they should.
No lack of effort from us though. We are playing probably one of the best four teams in Europe.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
We just don’t look like scoring.

The atmosphere is really flat and this is the main reason. There’s no expectation when we get the ball.

It’s boring and at the moment it’s very ineffective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Having Trossard on the pitch like having 10 men as usual. Really don't get why he is rated.

Trossard has done well for us and clearly has talent but he has been absolutely DIABOLICAL in 2022. He is completely incapable of playing a quick pass. never first time. Always over plays. We haven't got the pace to do this in our team and the attack is over. He is so frustrating and wasteful.

Ali Mac has played really well and actually receives the ball with composure at Liverpool's level. Alzate started well but faded and two sloppy passes. Biss is trying. Shame Mwepu is not match fit. Cucu good. Dunk loves to receive the ball in his own penalty area. Push a bit up the pitch - it just adds to our ponderousness.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
There is still only one goal in this, so we do have a fighting chance.

Guys, please remember who we are playing today and where we are in our journey.

We still have a chance.

Completely agree, this is why I can't understand the people that moan about us under Potter as we are a team transformed from a few years ago. I think though it can almost be more frustrating that we know we are a good team but just can't find that final ball/clinical finishing that we need to make us a proper top 10 team.

Whilst we need to keep as many of the current group together (will be difficult and the likes of Bissouma almost guaranteed to go in the summer) we also need to start paying the market rates for attacking players if we want to become a regular top 10 side.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
We just don’t look like scoring.

The atmosphere is really flat and this is the main reason. There’s no expectation when we get the ball.

It’s boring and at the moment it’s very ineffective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are a gang of Alzate, Ali Mac, Trossard, March and Maupay going to score a goal? No pace, no power and with Tross's poor form no trickery. Much of a muchness. We play it towards Lamptey and hope.

Oh and before anyone says it Liverpool are brilliant and we are a very well run club and I am happy with Bloom and Potter!

Years gone by Dunk'n'Duffy wouldn't have been playing such a high line, perhaps?

Well we certainly weren’t playing a high line after the goal went in. All back in our half. Hope we can get up the pitch as the game wears on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here