Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think we’re being a bit cautious here. It looks like we are aware that Everton are trying to catch us on the break and therefore we aren’t over comitting. Plus we have less space to play in Midfield. Ancelloti is obviously no fool and is stifling our normal game.
I’d take a point.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Maupay really needs to run at the central defenders when 30/40 yds out rather than just sit and wait. Trossard in the same position, he would have run at them and created something.

I really wish Maups would have a pop more.

He’s very predictable, run, turn, lay off, or hold, delayed shot. It’s very unselfish which is good for the team, but it doesn’t make him very threatening.

(Hopefully he’ll go and score now [emoji38])

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I don’t think we’ve been at our best. Edging it maybe.

Everton look very well set up and solid defensively. A world away from our last home game vs Newcastle.

Carragher hit the nail on the head saying their back 3 and midfield 3 have stopped us creating as many chances. That said they've created even less.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Until the penalty area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not had anything drop our way. I seen the most positive on here tho - maybe I’m pissed :lol: but I love watching this side dominate and play without fear!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Trossard seems to be dropping very deep. 2nd half can’t be much worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Both he and Maupay are playing a little too deep. Need to be brave in the second half.
I'm looking forward to seeing Moder play in his actual position.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So Albion, we are the better team but are not looking like scoring

200w.gif

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Pretty lacklustre first half, we seem not at it, Maupay looking to stop when he was running through and passing back was surprising and disappointing.

Hope it improves, with the way Everton are playing I would be disappointed with a point, we should kick on

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Everton need three points for Europe so have to start taking risks and they have 5 kids on the bench. Patience is the watchword.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That’s why I’ve had the sound down the entire time.

It also makes it a bit less stressful when we created all these breaks for them. A screaming Tyler, willing a goal, would exacerbate my stress.

Bring back the days when the commentator would mention a players name when they touched the ball.
It did take 20 minutes into the game before they mentioned Ben White and Leeds, but then White played 2 passes and they didn’t mention his name.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Christ we are tedious to watch .

Looks so much like a end of season on the beach game

Tedious to watch! Not a chance this season. Poor at taking chances, yes, but nowhere near tedious to watch. This half has just been one of those where both teams have cancelled each other out somewhat, although we improved as the half wore on

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
That was very poor. Neutrals will be turning off. Unless Moder starts giving Veltman some help we will be in trouble down that side

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Christ we are tedious to watch .

Looks so much like a end of season on the beach game

Ffs Dave give your head a wobble man! You were there every match at withdean mate :thumbsup:

James Rod in the WC a few years back and came from Real Madrid. Richard is on the same cost as our team. If you prefer watching Tommy Fraser get outplayed by Rushden and Diamonds that’s up to you ;)

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It's going brilliantly to plan. Very happy with this.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Well we all said he’s had a brilliant game, others have noticed too.... Bissouma currently trending on Twitter.

[tweet]1381698787454947333[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here