Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I assume it’s on here somewhere but new quote on Sky Sports today suggest SEGW is definitely out:

"It will be too soon, it was quite a nasty muscle injury he got, so once again we will have to go into the game with the sword of Damocles hanging over us in the fact that if we do not win it, it will be because Wilf is not there," he told Sky Sports.

Oh woe is Roy, his life is a mystery and can't you see, Roy's at the start of a pretty big downer

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Steele in for Walton on bench - Karbo out and Weir (poss another youngster) on bench for them. Everyone else is there. Def no Percy.

Not exciting but for anyone that cares... Glad no new injuries but shame re Webster.

D

Deleted member 2719

Just heard the team news.

We are starting with 11 players.

But will we end with 11???

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Quite.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Steele in for Walton on bench - Karbo out and Weir (poss another youngster) on bench for them. Everyone else is there. Def no Percy.

Not exciting but for anyone that cares... Glad no new injuries but shame re Webster.

Zaha?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
does anyone know what the banner outside their training groud says, mentioned in potter's presser?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Were loose.

That has definitely torn it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56066017

LAWRO'S PREDICTION
Brighton are unbeaten in six league games and they are the form side going into the M23 derby - they will go above Crystal Palace in the table if they win it.

The Eagles got turned over by Burnley at Selhurst Park last time out and normally you'd see a bit of a reaction from them after a result like that. Without the injured Wilfried Zaha, though, I'm not sure that will happen. They just seem very flat.

So, I'm going with the Seagulls this time. It won't be long until they are completely safe from relegation.

Prediction: 2-0

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
does anyone know what the banner outside their training groud says, mentioned in potter's presser?

Something about them being shit - there was a photo. Hard to read the crayon at times though :thumbsup:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
There’s a feature interview with Percy about Palace today.

Hmmm. I wonder... is GP going to release the [emoji881]?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Interesting that Roy has chosen to use Charlton as his example to rein in Palace fans' delusions of grandeur... that'll go down well with the natives!

Brighton could move above their rivals with victory at the Amex Stadium, with Palace missing Wilfried Zaha again as he recovers from a hamstring injury. Yet a win for the away side would mean Palace have amassed more points at this stage of the season than during any other previous Premier League campaign and Hodgson cited the example of another local rivalry as even more reason for prudence over the coming months.

“People need to be careful,” he said. “When Alan Curbishley left Charlton many years ago, they were constantly in the top half of the table, it was because fans were not happy and thought that finishing in the top half wasn’t enough and that they needed to kick on. They did, they kicked downwards and that is the only problem. You have to be careful.​

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/21/roy-hodgson-warns-crystal-palace-fans-about-the-dangers-of-overambition

He's got a point!

D

Deleted member 2719

I am just hoping that the lads that can get heated use it in the right way.

I am sure they will, but red mist can happen in these games!

With any luck, a few of theirs may take a walk with a cuff of the ear as they pass woy!

Looking forward to this match, we need an early goal so woy can't do a Chris and line them up across the back for the whole match.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There’s a feature interview with Percy about Palace today.

Hmmm. I wonder... is GP going to release the [emoji881]?

No - he’s not in squad - #89

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here